6: Terror

*-*-*

"Oh, Y/N! There you are, dude!" A loud voice laughed, waking you from your slumber with a start. You quickly got up from the ground, slightly confused for a moment before last night's events came back to you. Right, the whole sleepover... You rubbed your eyes, adjusting to the light, and then looked at the figure above you. It was Nino.

"...Yeah..." You grumbled tiredly, still drowsy from being woken up so suddenly. 

"We were all looking for you!" He laughed. You tilted your head in confusion.

"...All of you?" You asked. That was strange...

"W-Well, it's more like I just found you, haha..." Nino laughed. You let out a small huff with a smile. There's the class you knew. "I saw you wander off into here while we were all stargazing. You sort of disappeared, but turns out you were behind a bench..."

"Yeah." You laughed awkwardly. 

"So, want to come out with the rest of us? Alya, Marinette, and Adrien are waiting for me in the cafe. You're welcome to come along!" He smirked. You shook your head.

"No, thanks. I'm tired, I think I'll just go home..." You sighed. You also needed to get a whisp or two today, or else Hawkmoth would start to shout at you. You got up and dusted yourself off, gathering the pillows and other sleeping equipment.

"Aww, come on, dudette! Have a little fun!" Nino laughed. You sighed and gave him a tired, pleading look.

"I just want to go home..." You mumbled, still feeling not-so-great after the day before. He let out a defeated sigh, scratching the back of his neck as he turned on his heel.

"Fine, your loss! But feel free to join us if you change your mind, I'll text you the address!" Nino said as he walked to the front. He shot you finger guns as he left. You raised an eyebrow at his strange actions, and he walked out the class.

"I'm not coming, Nino!" You yelled.

"We'll see about that!" He yelled back. You let out a sigh and rolled your eyes, letting out a small laugh. You took all your stuff out the room and changed back to your normal clothes. You left after gathering your things. You went straight home, entering your house and almost collapsing as soon as you closed the door.

You were exhausted. You chalked it up to the lack of white whisps and decided to steal one. You let out a sigh, letting a black whisp escape your fingers. You closed your eyes and went from the whisp's point of view.

You floated through the city, eager for a victim. Plenty of people were out. You found a man walking about. He looked pretty plain; dark skin, a green jacket, and blue jeans. You decided he'd be perfect. 

Your whisp dove into his chest, and he collapsed. A few people gathered, concerned. Some ran away, terrified. A white whisp exited the man's chest, leaving him hopeless. You noticed Marinette was helping the man, Alya, Nino and Adrien standing just beside them. Ah, looks like their outing would be off. You decided to ask them about it when you absorbed the whisp. You circled around a random path to your house, careful not to let anyone see you. The whisp eventually returned to you, and you absorbed it with a sigh of relief.

You decided you wanted another one. And so, you summoned another whisp and possessed another person. The people around her were terrified. There were plenty of people in Paris, and even the old whisps you got were making you stronger, so you wouldn't run out. You got another random person, this time a girl with purple hair, and returned the white whisp to yourself.

You repeated the same pattern twice more, terror increasing as you did. A strong sense of power surged through your veins. Your eyes were most definitely inverted. 

You extended both hands, letting multiple whisps fly free. You could summon multiple, now? What terror you'd be able to make... But how many? You decided to experiment. You got to ten before you started to feel heavy. Something told you that you shouldn't push past this limit yet. Awesome, you could make multiple whisps! Now you wanted to try something else...

Your whisps flew out, hiding in the alleys and going through dark streets and eventually getting to the train station. Your whisps all zoomed through the train tracks. A train occasionally went past, but it didn't hurt you. You didn't get too far. You got to a station, and you felt a sharp tug at your core. Pain pulsated through your chest. Ah; there was the limit; you couldn't go further than that. 

Luckily, you were just beside a station. You possessed as got many people as whisps you had. It caused a commotion, terror rising as people scattered and hid, but you didn't care. You needed to leave; not even the white whisps could handle the distance. You quickly flew back home.

You absorbed every whisp happily. Ah, how dreadful. It felt nice. You played on your phone for a little. It had been a while, now, and you decided to text Nino.

You:

Hey Nino. Is your offer about the cafe still up?

DJ dude:

No, sorry... We had an akuma attack.

You:

What?? Are you guys okay?

DJ dude:

We're perfectly fine, someone else got hurt. Attacks have been happening all over the place.

You:

I need to check the news... 

Are you guys injured at all? 

DJ dude:

We're perfectly fine, just witnessed a guy get whisped.

You:

'Whisped'...? Is that what they're calling it?

DJ dude:

They're calling it possessed

Kids call it whisped

You:

I just checked the news. 14 people?! What the heck?? Where are Ladybug and Chat Noir?

DJ dude:

Dunno. Alya's gone to record around the crime scenes and stuff, even though I told her not to. I think Ladybug and Chat Noir are on her blog, if you want to check it out.

You:

Ehh, no thanks. This stuff is starting to sicken me...

DJ dude:

I get how you feel, dude

You:

I think I'll go finish my homework, try to get my mind off things

Bye

DJ dude:  

See ya

Stay safe!

You:

Thanks, you too.

You switched off your phone with a smile. Now you weren't suspicious! Hooray. You glanced to the homework that had been piled up on your desk with a sigh. Oh well... You got down to work.