3: Evil

*-*-Normal POV-*-*

You sighed, walking to school once more, acting normal once again. It was Friday,  and you were early. Instead of heading straight into the school, you went into the park straight across, taking a leisurely stroll as you thought about what you found out about your powers from Hawkmoth.

Hawkmoth had explained what was going on; since your emotions were so weak, you needed to take other's to convert them into energy to get powers with. So, the more white whisps you got, the more powers you'd receive. You currently had gotten two, which wasn't a lot, but you could already do something new. Along with the ability to control whisps better, you could now see from their point of view. That way, you didn't even need to be near the whisps to control them. It was pretty cool.

You stopped at a bench, sitting down, deciding to test out your new-found power. You looked around, but made sure not to seem suspicious whilst doing so. No one was there. You let a black whisp exit your fingertips, then closed your eyes, willing yourself to see from the whisp's view. You could see it faintly, and focused harder, the whisp vision taking over your eyes.

You, or the whisp, raced off to the rooftop of Marinette's parent's bakery in an attempt to get away from your real self, just so you wouldn't be suspected. You looked at the streets from up on the balcony. There were a couple of people around, but they were still too close to your school; you didn't want to target the same place, people in that area would become suspects, and you'd be one of them. 

Your whisp flew from roof to roof,  to alley to alley, and finally, the whisp was at the Louvre. There were plenty of people walking around. Suddenly, you heard a muffled voice. It sounded like you were in water... This was probably someone talking to your real-life self, you assumed.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" The muffled voice said. It sounded like Marinette... You snapped out of your whisp-vision state, making sure your whisp was stationary and hidden. You normalized your eyes, then opened them.

"Oh, uh, yeah, sorry..." You stuttered. Realizing that was a rough start, you decided to incorporate it into your act, sighing after to make it seem like something was bothering you.

"What's wrong?" Marinette asked with concern, sitting beside you. You shrugged, tilting your head up to look at the sky, just to buy yourself some time to think of something.

"I don't know, just thinking of how I'm an Akuma repellent." You laughed humorlessly, leaning back on the bench. She nodded, humming in response.

"I hope you don't take offense to that..." She laughed, scratching the back of her neck almost bashfully. It was the class that came up with that nickname, after all. Of course, that was only after you mentioned it yourself. They never would have noticed you otherwise.

"Oh, not at all. Honestly; I'm thankful if that's the case. I know we shouldn't be scared of Akumas and stuff, thanks to Miss Bustier's lessons, but now that she's... She's um... Hypnotized? No... Uh, what are we calling it when they get all sad and mopey?" You asked. You hadn't watched the news this morning, so you really didn't know.

"Oh, ah... I don't know either..! Aha..." Marinette laughed nervously. You nodded.

"Well, I'll just get to the point. Do you think Ladybug and Chat Noir can really find the Akuma? I'm worried. Nothing like this has ever happened before..." You sighed, looking down at your hands that were clasped on your lap. Marinette put a consoling hand on your shoulder. She believed your act!

"I'm sure they can do it. They'll protect us." She reassured. You looked up at her, surprised for a moment, but then your expression was quickly replaced with a bright smile.