2: Pain

*-*-Normal POV-*-*

You were walking through the streets of Paris, heading to school. Nothing was out of the norm, including yourself. However, today was the day you'd be executing your plan. You had convinced Hawkmoth to let you sleep, though he was completely against the idea and wanted you to go all out straight away. You convinced him eventually with the fact that you had an agreement.

You saw your school in the distance. Now, the plan would start. You wanted to have a little fun before you got the miraculous. That was your part of the deal, after all. Fun for you, and the miraculous for Hawkmoth. You wanted all of France to know you were there. You were there, and you were a threat. 

You saw a man with two ice creams in his right hand. He waved to a person behind you on the other side of the street. Your heart thumped with adrenaline as you approached him. Finally, you were doing something exciting for once! This'd be fun, so fun! You continued to act normal. As soon as you and the man crossed paths; you secretly extended your fingers, a dark whisp coming out of them. The whisp cut itself loose from your fingertips and floated elegantly to the man's core; his heart. The dark whisp struck, and it was absorbed instantly. The man gasped, shocked for a moment, before slumping his shoulders and sighing. You looked back with the corner of your eye, a proud smirk displayed on your face, your canines sharper than ever and eyes black, possessed by evil.

The man dropped his ice creams and collapsed. He sat hopelessly, kneeling on the cold ground. A white whisp exited from his chest and went toward your hand. You absorbed it, sighing contently. 

You had just stolen his happiness, which you converted to power, and replaced his happiness with all sorts of negativity. He collapsed completely, a woman gasping and running after him, calling his name. She asked if he was okay frantically, but he didn't respond, eyes dull and body heavy with sadness.

This would be fun.

You continued the walk to school, turning your eyes and fangs back to normal. Eventually, you were in your class. 

"Alright, class! Let's start our day by complimenting your neighbor!" Your overly-cheerful teacher smiled. Everyone started to compliment the person next to them happily, now used to this cheerful excersize their teacher had promoted every morning. The mood sickened you. You turned to Nathaniel.

"U-Um, Y/N, you're... Nice." Nathaniel stuttered shyly. You actually liked Nathaniel, in a friendly way, of course. He was great at art and just a shy bean, and didn't completely forget about your existance like others did. Though, he wasn't your priority right now.

"Thank you. You're an amazing artist, Nathaniel." You smiled, putting on a sweet mask. He laughed sheepishly.

"Th-thanks..."

You turned back to the front. Your teacher, Miss Bustier, was being cheerful as ever... You'd take that away. You glanced to the side, tracing the room carefully and planning your route. The windows at the back and at the front of the class were open. Perfect.

"Uh, are you okay, Y/N?" Nathaniel asked. Usually, you'd try to keep up the conversation, but now, you seemed focused.

"Oh, I'm fine, no need to worry." You said, keeping your hand out of the boy's vision. A black whisp escaped from your fingers, sneakily traveling to the window, using the benches as cover. It exited the window, then came in back into the classroom through the window toward the front. Everyone started to stare as the whisp entered through the window.

"Hey, look there!"

"What is that?"

"A-An Akuma?!"

"No, it's a... Bit of smoke? Could we be getting attacked by an Akuma?!"

"A-Attacked..?!" You said to yourself, faking a worried tone. It caught Nathaniel's attention.

"I'm sure we'll be okay, Y/N." He reassured. The fake knot in your eyebrows dispersed as you nodded. You turned back to the whisp, which rushed in at once. Everyone gasped, and before anyone could react, the whisp had doven into Miss Bustier's core. 

She gasped, the shock on her face showing a twinge of pain. The class was silent for a moment, before the teacher collapsed, falling to her knees, hair overshadowing her eyes as she stared down at the ground. You felt pride swell within you.

"MISS BUSTIER!" The class yelled in unison, gathering around the teacher. You did the same, faking worry. Ah, your acting was good... Everyone gathered around her. Marinette kneeled by the teacher, grabbing her hand.

"Are you okay, Miss Bustier?" She asked with a soft tone. 

Marinette was a nice girl, in your opinion. Though, you had your suspicions about her; she was a little strange at times, and honestly all over the place, though you couldn't seem to figure out why. It was as if something was stopping you.

The teacher slowly brought up her head, her expression blank, and her eyes... Her irises didn't have the same, lively sparkle. Now they were lifeless and dark. The white whisp came out of her chest, and at the same time, her misty turquoise eyes turned completely black.

"Miss Bustier!!" The class shouted in panic. Adrien, however, seemed more focused.

"The white whisp, get it!" He shouted. He figured that out quickly... Everyone made way for it once they realized it was sneaking between their feet. Adrien leaped and tried to catch it, but it only slipped through his fingers. He fell to the ground with a thump. You redirected the whisp to leave the building and go off into the distance with a slight twist of your fingers.

"M-Miss Bustier..?" You whispered with false worry. Everyone's attention turned back to the teacher, who was still kneeling. She sighed, completely drained.

"Class, leave. I'll just... sit." She said, falling to the side and hitting the ground. Everyone was stunned; how could their teacher that they had known for so long, turn into this, just by a black whisp?! Some people tried to communicate with her, but she only sighed and ignored everything. She was unresponsive to anything you did.

Eventually, everyone came to an agreement. Your class would all go to the principal's office and explain the situation, and maybe go home. You made sure to stay at the back of the group. As the group was distracted, you commanded the whisp to come back to you. It entered your fingertips, giving you a surge of power. You closed your eyes as they were most definitely black right now. You made sure to hide your fangs, too. Once you could finally hide your strange features, you did so, and watched as the students in your class knocked on Mr Damocles' door.

"S-Sir, may we come in?" 

"Enter!" The man shouted from the other side of the door, his voice slightly muffled. You all entered.

After a while, students were sent home after being interviewed, and it was official. An Akuma was on the loose. You sat down on the sofa, listening to the news.

"It's been confirmed, there is yet another Akuma on the loose, though this one is hiding. We're not sure; are they a threat? The status on the two victims is unknown. Is this new villain being smart, or cowardly? And more importantly, will Ladybug and Chat noir find this hidden Akuma before it's too late?" The news reporter said. You smirked, eyes turning black and canines growing.

"This is good, this is good... I've caught them off guard, and they're considering that I'm just a coward." You smiled. Suddenly, you heard Hawk moth's voice in your head.

"You best know what you're doing. I want those miraculous." He growled. You nodded.

"Of course. They're scared, and if they start to underestimate me, it'll only benefit us. Just be patient, hawky." You laughed. He snarled once more.

"Do not call me that."

"Aww, but it's cute~" You laughed. You could just feel his glare. You laughed, "Anyway, I think that's enough for today. I want this to happen gradually, plus I need more of those white whisps for new powers, right?"

"That's right." He confirmed. You smiled contently.

"You know... Causing pain like this, and having people finally notice I'm there... It's sort of fun."