All of this made him feel like there was something more going on there. And obviously, if Scott was coming to a chiropractor, there was probably something hurting him or something wrong. Mitch was surprised he had waited so long after the accident to come in if that was the case.

     The beautiful blond secretary, Kirstin, had come to inform him that Scott was in room three. Mitch washed his hands and made sure his clothes and coat were straight before locating his previous file and running over it to have something to compare Scott to.

     He swiftly walked down the hall and knocked gently on the door before pulling it open slightly. Scott looked up from his phone from where he was sitting on the edge of an examination table. "Hi, Scott. Dr. Mitch Grassi." He stepped forward and held his hand out. One of Scott's long arms reached forward to shake his hand. "I'm under the impression we are doing a full examination?"

     Scott nodded his head. "Dr. Grassi, yes. Manager wants a full exam and report."

     "Okay. I'm going to have you sit there facing the wall." Mitch set his stuff down and pulled out gloves to slip on. His eyes scanned down Scott's bare back since the robe hadn't been tied. Scott's skin was a little flushed. "Do you remember how we did this the first time?" He wasn't sure if Scott remembered him really, but maybe he would remember how this works.

     "Yes. I remember."

     Right. Mitch got to work with a typical exam. Starting at the top of his spine. "It's going to go the same way and I am going to ask mostly the same questions, just answer to the best of your ability."

     "Okay." He could hear Scott swallow in the silence.

     "Are there any major changes to your medical history?"

     "Um..." There was hesitation to talk, but Mitch couldn't blame him. "The car accident gave me whiplash, but other than that, no. No major injuries."

     Scott resisted letting him push him around at first, but realized quickly he was fighting it and Mitch directed him to lean forwards and backwards.

     "Career history?"

     "Still with MMA."

     "Any pain?"

     "Hmm..." Scott twisted his arm to point to his lower back. "Sometimes here, but not often."

     "When did it start?"

     "Recently compared to the rest. Maybe a couple months ago."

     Hmm, that was strange to Mitch. He thought that Scott would be in here because of after-effects from the wreck, but he looked fine so far. Nothing seemed to be moving out of place or inflamed.

     "And my arms still." He could see Scott flex his hands in his peripheral.

     "Has that pain worsened? Would you describe it as sharp or dull?" He remembered that his arms were something he had talked about the last time he was here, and really, it only made sense. His career was about throwing his fists at people. They were bound to hurt.

     "I don't think so, but I can't tell honestly. Probably closer to a dull pain, but every once in a while I throw one and it's for sure a sharp pain."

     "What about your left hip? That still giving you problems?" Mitch directed him onto his side and started examining his legs and hip bones.

     "Yes. I'd say it's worse. Dull pain."

     Now that Mitch was getting a much closer look at Scott Hoying, he could see a pretty big difference in his body from the last time he was here. He was still probably the most handsome man he had ever laid eyes on and he was still more fit than most of the patients he has, but there was a slight noticeable decay in his musculature. He didn't hold himself quite as straight or confidently. There was some bruising on his ribs and knuckles obviously from a fight, his hands were slightly shaky, and Mitch wondered if Scott was feeling this difference. Wondered if that is why he was in here in the first place.