Akuma Attack 2/2

Previously:

     I almost tripped when he said that, surprised that he considered me that important. "Well, I was also just busy so I guess we both have motivation." I said. What he doesn't know that he's my motivation I thought, making a quick dodge of one of the Akuma's blasts.  

Now:

(Warning: This is gonna be a horrid fight scene because I can't do fight scenes to save my life.)

   It had been almost an hour since the start of the fight and we had made almost no progress. I decided that this was going to take a little luck on our side. "Lucky Charm!" I called, flinging my yo-yo high in the air. A swarm of ladybugs appeared and then a firecracker appeared.

   I used my lucky vision and saw the villain's weapon, the firecracker, and a light post. I threw the firecracker towards the post and the villain took a swing at it, making it explode in their face while being crushed between the post and their weapon. "Chat, the bracelet, grab it!" I said.

   He snatched the bracelet and threw it to me. I snapped the charm and the Akuma flew out. "Not this time little Akuma. Time to de-evilize!" I said, swiping up on my yo-yo to open the purifying mechanism. I caught it and took the exploded firecracker off the ground. 

   "Gotcha. Miraculous Ladybug!" I called, throwing the firecracker into the air. It exploded into a burst of ladybugs which flew around and repaired any damage that was done to the city. I sighed in relief and then heard and incessant beeping of my earrings that signaled that I had only a few minutes left.

   "Hey Chat, I got to go. Do you think you can take care of the civilian?" I said. He nodded and I zipped off to my house. I landed on the balcony and slipped through the hatch, transforming back as I landed on my bed. I flopped back, glad I could finally get some sleep.

   I sat back up as I remembered that he had promised to visit me after the fight. I grabbed my throw blanket and wrapped it around me before going onto my balcony to wait. I looked at the stars and thought about the complications of being Ladybug but dating Chat as Marinette.

   How do I tell him? What am I going to say? Will he hate me because I rejected him as Ladybug so many times? I don't want to lose him, he's the best thing that has happened to me during this whole mess. I thought, tears forming in my eye. I let them silently fall.

Chat's POV:

   I ran over the rooftops towards my Princess' house. As I neared, her back was turned to me and she was wrapped in a blanket on the balcony. I quietly landed behind her and hugged her from behind. "I'm back Princess." I said, nuzzling into her neck.

   "Hey, Chat." I heard her voice crack and I realized she had been crying. I turned her around so she was facing me but she wouldn't look me in the eyes. "Oh, Princess. What's wrong?" I said, enveloping her in a hug. She buried her face in my chest and shook as sobs wracked her body.

   "I-I just have something that I haven't told you yet a-and I fear th-that you will hate me." Marinette whimpered. I pull her away from me and tilt her chin up, making her look me in the eyes. "Why would I hate you?" I said, stroking her cheek.

   "It's not some small thing Chat, it's something that could change our whole dynamic and I fear that once you find out, it will change how you feel about me. I don't want to lose you, I can't lose you. I would shatter into a million pieces if I did." Marinette said. I inhaled sharply at her words.

Marinette's POV: 

   I waited for his response, dreading the inevitable conflict. "I love you so much, whatever it is won't change that. You can tell me when you are ready." Chat said. I smiled then pulled him in for a kiss. We stayed in the kiss for as long as possible, both out of breath by the end of it.

   "Thank you Chat. It's something that I will tell you soon, just not now. I'm not ready yet." I said. he pulled me tight in a hug and I rested my head on his chest. I stood there enjoying the comforting warmth of him and the reassurance of being cuddled up to my boyfriend.

   "Well, I just hope that when you find out who I am, you don't hate me." Chat said. "What's this now Kitty? You just gave me the most heartfelt pep-talk and now you are doubting yourself? Whether I know you or not, I will still love you. I trust you Chat. I trust you with my heart and my life and nothing can change that." I said, looking up into his emerald eyes.

   He leaned down and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck once again and enjoyed the soft feel of his lips on mine. His scent surrounded me, a mix of vanilla and faint cologne that he must wear. It filled my senses with warmth and comfort. We broke apart and I sighed, happy to be with my kitty.