The Truth 2/2

Previously:

     I felt Adrien nuzzle into my neck and I giggled. "Adrien stop, that tickles." I say, lightly pushing him away. He chuckles and grabs my hand, lacing his fingers through mine. I lightly blush and lean on his arm slightly. "I'm pretty sure we have a class to get to." He says. We head to class and I sigh. What is Adrien going to think when I tell him I'm Ladybug?  

Now:

   School was over and I was sitting in my room. I had finished my homework half an hour ago and was left to my own devices to think. Well, thinking is a mild term. More like freak out more and more about revealing my identity. I feel bad for Tikki but I was a complete mess.

   "Oh, Tikki! What do I do?! I want to tell him but I feel like he will hate me and then...I might lose two of the most important people to me that ended up being one person." I said, on the verge of tears. "I don't know what you should do but I do know that if you wait any longer, it will just get harder to tell him." Tikki says.

   I sigh and look at the clock. "Well, it's now or never. Time for patrol anyways. Tikki, spots on." I swing to the Eiffel Tower, grabbing the umbrella I had borrowed from Adrien. I was never able to give it back but maybe that will change. 

Chat's POV: 

   I started to head to the Eiffel Tower, fifteen minutes late. My father had kept me at my piano practice longer than usual. On the way, it started to rain. I scowled up at the grey clouds before continuing to the tower. I landed sloppily on the usual platform where we meet and looked for Ladybug.

   I felt the rain suddenly stop hitting me and looked up to see a black umbrella. I turned around to see Ladybug holding it out above my head. A memory from that fateful day when I made amends with Marinette, my wonderful girlfriend flashed through my head.

    I shook my head a little and looked at Ladybug. "Thank you Ladybug. I forgot it was going to rain today." I say, smiling at her. She moves under the canopy of the umbrella and I look at her curiously. "This reminds me of the first time I met you." She said, turning to look out at Paris. Now I really don't understand. There's a little more silence before she continues.

   "It was raining outside and I had forgotten my umbrella. I had been mad at you because I thought that you had stuck gum on my seat, being friends with Chloe. I remember how you said you had never gone to school or had friends, and how sad that made me. Then you gave me your umbrella, the very one we are under right now, and that's when I started to have a crush on you." Ladybug said, a light pink tinged her cheeks.

   I thought back and only one person could know that. I looked at her and was about to say something but she cut me off. "I guess what I'm trying to tell you is it's me, Adrien. I know you might not want to see me anymore ever. I guess I will learn to live with that. You deserved to know and I wanted to tell you from the very beginning. I guess I was just too scared that plain Marinette would never be enough to be Ladybug." 

Ladybug's POV:

   I finally looked over at him. He had an unreadable expression on and I only could hope he didn't hate me. "Spots off." I whispered quietly, making it officially the reveal of our identities. I might have shown the courage of Ladybug on the outside during that but on the inside, I was an emotional trainwreck. As soon as the mask was off and I was just Marinette, my legs almost gave out.

   I waited for his response, dreading the very words that could break me. I didn't want to become an Akuma, but if he says he hates me, I don't know if I would be able to hold it together. I felt his arms wrap around me and instead of the wet leather suit, I felt soft and dry cotton. "Now why would Marinette not be enough?" He said, tilting my chin up.

   "I'm just a clumsy, plain, ordinary girl. I couldn't be a hero without my miraculous. I...I'm nothing." I whisper, still avoiding his eyes. I finally make eye contact with him and he says "Ordinary? You are far from ordinary. You are a talented, beautiful, smart, courageous, kind, and amazing girl. Don't doubt yourself Marinette. You have taken charge and been an amazing leader. You have saved people all the time outside of the mask. You're not nothing princess. I wouldn't have fell in love with you twice if that was true." 

   Before I could respond, he leaned down and gave me a kiss. it was short, sweet, and loving. I sighed and leaned on his chest, glad I had finally told him. "I love you so much princess." He whispers into my hair. "I love you too mon minou." I say, hugging him tightly under the umbrella. Who knew a midnight storm would bring two teens together. 

Author: Hey guys! So I was thinking about writing a sequel to this story. I kind of left you guys off on a note that isn't really final. So let me know in the comments if you want a sequel. Bye!

-Dragora Midnight