Chapter 26

Haze's P.O.V.

I watched the Artemis cabin, for any threats or lovesick boys all night to morning, from a tree.Soon, the conch horn blew, signaling breakfast.

Finally, I thought.

After all the hunters came out I carefully hopped down from a tree not to frighten them.

As we arrived at the Dining pavilion, I couldn't help but think what Annabeth had said a while ago, "Don't you dare call him that, you selfish snake!"

Was she... Defending me?

Did she hate Derek?

But why?

All this mysteries in my head were cleared when whispers erupted from the campers when we arrived. We sat down, as plates were given out, as well as food.

. We ate silently, while the campers were bickering about me.

Derek sat alone at the Poseidon Table, though he had a evil glint in his eyes.

"Haze," Artemis said..

"Yes, Milady?" I asked cheekily. Artemis smacked my arm as I called her 'Milady'.She then turned back to eating and muttered something about Formalities These Days.

"I- Uhm, nevermind." She muttered.

I looked at her quizzically, "What did you say, Milady?" I asked quietly.

She bit her lip, "Nothing, nothing."

I could tell she was gonna confess about something.

But what?

Soon enough, we had to sacrifice our food to the Gods. I tensed, should I sacrifice to Hestia or Artemis?

Shoot, I thought.

When it was my turn, every camper was silent to hear to whom God I would pray to.

   I spoke out loud  sure enough everyone could here it as I burnt my offering.
" To Hestia and Artemis. Please don't fight over it. Or if you could even fight over smoke." I said sarcastically.

When I returned to the table, Artemis was chuckled, "Seriously? Please don't fight over it?" She laughed.

I looked around and say almost everyone either starring at me with a curious eye of humorous one.I felt blush creep over my neck.

"Uhm, I..." I was speechless, you could say. I was trying to come up with a reason, but I couldn't.

The Hunters laughed at my expression, dang they heard my stutter too?

I fixed my hood, making sure it's properly lowered. I made sure the blush wasn't seen.

Campers stared at us awkwardly, like we had grown a new set of arms.

As breakfast finished, a certain someone tapped my shoulder. I expected that brat Derek , but instead I was met with a woman with blonde locks and intimidating grey eyes.

"What do you ask from me, Lady Chase?" I asked, trying to sound polite. . Bitterness and anger overwhelmed me, but I refused for it to show.

Instead, I shown my calm expression. Annabeth looked taken aback by my sudden formalities. "H- How did you know my last name?" She asked.

"I have my ways," I said calmly.

I saw her knuckles turn white, "Tell me." She urged.

I chuckled, "A simple 'Tell me' won't work, Lady Chase." I say. I was simply trying to agitate her, and I could tell it was working greatly.