Trinity Anne: Thirty

Trinity's POV

Today was the day I was meeting Dominique's parents. I grabbed my phone and called up Laiyah.

"Hello." she answered.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I said smiling into the phone.

"Awe, you're thankful for me. That's why you called." She said smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess I'm thankful for you or whatnot. How's everything up that way?"

She sighed. "Girl, I have so much shit to tell you when I get back home. I'm leaving early, like tomorrow morning." she said laughing.

I just shook my head. "Well, I'm meeting Dominique's mom today."

"It's Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure you're meeting more than his mother." she stated.

I thought about it. "Laiyah, I'm going to call you back." I said hanging up the phone.

I hung up with her and called Dominique. He didn't answer the phone, so I texted him.

Me - I better only be meeting your mom today

I went to the bathroom and started doing my hygiene things. I got out the shower, wrapped in a towel, and started brushing my teeth.

My phone rung, I went to it. It was Dominique, FaceTiming me. I picked up and went back to the bathroom.

"Hello?" I answered with a mouth full of toothpaste.

He chuckled. "What you mean you better only be meeting my mom's?" he asked.

"Because, it's Thanksgiving and family comes out for Thanksgiving." I stated.

He chuckled and shook his head. "What's funny? Your family's down and you ain't tell me?" I asked.

"No. Family ain't down. We don't have Thanksgiving like others have Thanksgiving. It just be us. Promise." He said smiling.

"Mmmhuh, it better be."

"And if it wasn't?" He asked.

"We was going to have some problems."

He busted out laughing like something was funny. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Why you think I'm playing with you?"

"Because, you ain't bout that life."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Whatever."

We got off the phone and I started getting dressed. For Thanksgiving, you gotta wear something comfy for the simple fact you bout to eat a lot of home cook food.

I dressed in a pair of Nike tights, a white crop top with a red jeans jacket and a pair of Red Nike sneakers.

I did my makeup and threw my braids to the side.

A knock came on the door. "Mom, how do I look?" I asked coming out the bathroom.

I looked and it was Tyson. "What the hell you want?" I asked going to the bed.

"It's Thanksgiving and believe it or not, I am thankful for you."

I raised my eyebrow. "Mmmhuh, what you want?"

He smiled. "I can't be nice to my sister?"

"No. Again I ask, what you....

"Okay. Okay. I just want to say I'm sorry about the other night and dad's right, we're siblings and we need I act like it."