{THIRTEEN}

{THIRTEEN}

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Scott and I were sitting in a booth at the bar, Claire and Marshall had gotten a call from their babysitter and had reluctantly left, apologizing for the whole way out the door.

Roger was still sitting across the bar with the woman, holding her hand and laughing. I was just sitting here waiting for Scott to lose his cool and snap.

Which didn't take to long, after about ten minutes of silence I followed him, quick to make sure he doesn't punch Roger in the face. Scott walked to the couple, stopping just before the table with both arms crossed over his chest. The woman looked up first, she smiled with a hint of confusion before Roger looked up. It was almost comical to watch. The colour drain from his face as he saw his now former lover standing there while he was on a date with another. "Scott what are you-"

Scott didn't finish his sentence, because Scott picked up his beer, and slowly poured it on the other man's head, and it took everything in me not to burst out laughing as I watched Roger's mouth gap, open and close as he tried to process what was going on. "He's only 3 inches hard, just letting you know hun," Scott smirked at the woman before turning and grabbing my hand. "Let's get out of here."

We didn't get far, Scott drove around for about five minutes before stopping at a dead end that looked over the city

We didn't get far, Scott drove around for about five minutes before stopping at a dead end that looked over the city. The music was still calming background noise as we sat in the silence. I didn't know how to comfort him, I didn't know him well enough to know how he mentally handled situations like this, how he would react if I said something. So I did what I did whenever Morgan was upset, she wasn't someone who liked words, she liked actions.

I reached over with my left hand and held his right. At first, he didn't respond. It just sat on the gearshift, tight and tense. But after a moment he snapped out of what thought he was in. He looked down at our hands, then turned his over so our fingers could lock. I didn't know it would turn to this. But it felt nice, I could feel his body relax in that simple gesture, and it reassured me that he would be ok.

"I knew he was a dick, but I didn't think it would be this far."

"It's not like you'd have known."

"He's been going out for work trips every month since we started dating. God, I'm so stupid." He threw his head back, his hand tightening in mine. "I'm so naive. I should have seen this coming."

"Listen, it's not your fault. He's stupid for not realizing how amazing of a person you are. Someday, someone will come along and they'll realize you're the perfect person for them and they'll never let you go. Don't let one asshole ruin that for you." Scott bit his lip like he was mulling over each and every word I had said. He squeezed my hand, but didn't let go as he turned his body towards me, I turned towards him so we could face each other.

"That's Sidney," He let out a deep sigh. "I really needed to hear that. "

"No problem, it's only true. You're one of the most caring people I know, the guys a creep, you threw him a going away party for christ sake." I shook my head, how could anyone go behind someone's back when they're willing to do so much for them.

Scott looked at me, him and I just studied each other for the moment, our eyes looking over each others face, every now and then his eyes would fall down my face to my lips, then back again. He swallowed, his adam's apple bobbed as he did so. And I watched like I was in a trance. Everything about him was mesmerizing. The way he held himself, the way he acted, dressed, talked. "Sidney." He said it so slowly, I almost didn't hear him as he leaned closer to me.

It didn't register to me what he was doing until it was done until his lips were on mine and his other hand taking my free one. At first, I didn't respond. I couldn't I was frozen. He was kissing me, and I was letting him, he was heartbroken, I was married. And yet, I didn't pull away. Scott moved closer, pressing his lips harder, and I pressed back, deepening the kiss. It had been so, so long since I kissed somebody like this since I enjoyed the feeling of somebody else touching me.

Scott was the first to pull away, "Is that your phone in the back?" He asked with a deep breath. It was only then I heard the dull sound of my phone vibrating. I just nodded, taking it from my briefcase int he backseat and unlocking it, not getting to it in time to get the call.

Seven missed calls: Home

Eight missed calls: Jan

Six Unread Messages: Jan

Shit, I looked at my phone with wide eyes, opening the text messages.

Jan: Where are you?

Did you forget about the PTA Meeting?

We're waiting for you.

Sidney?

Wtf Sidney where are you?

Are you OK?

"Fuck. Fuck I've got to go home."

"What's wrong?" Scott asked, looking worried.

"I forgot. I had a PTA meeting. Can you bring me to my car?"

"PTA Meeting?" Scott was putting the truck into drive by now, looking from me to the road. "You've got a kid?"

"Yeah, about that. I've got two."

"What?"

"Yeah, Listen, I promise you I'll tell you everything. I just. I've got to call Janet ok?"

Scott looked shocked, and I didn't blame him, here I was, kissing him and then telling him I had kids. I felt like garbage. I couldn't get a hold of Janet, she didn't pick up her phone. Scott dropped me off at my car and I finally realized it was ten at night. I apologize, telling him I'd see him tomorrow, and I would explain everything before shutting the door and running to my car.

Fuck.

I was fucked.