Chapter 1 - Macey's Story

Macey's POV

     I sat there, staring out my window and my 17th birthday is a week away. As I sat there, I thought, "Maybe, this will be the year I can finally get out! I can't wait to be free. Maybe I can get a dragon of my own. My parents can be so controlling, but they are controlling for my own good" I started to jump on my bed until my father came in, which scared me and I fell off of my bed. 

"Oh! Hi, Dad" I said, rubbing my head

"As you know, you will be turning 17 in a week." my dad said as I got up from the floor, nodding my head wanting him to go on. "Your mother and I decided to let you go."

My eyes filled with hope as I starting to think, "Are they letting me go out?!" I look at my dad, "Dad, do you mean that I can leave the house on my birthday?"

"Yes," came his reply.

     I was so happy that I jumped and down on my bed making a complete mess of it. I was so excited that I forgot my father was watching me. Oh, wait. My father is watching me! "Sorry. I'm just really happy."

"It's okay." and with that, he left.

     See, I've been stuck in my house for all my life and ever since my parents found out that dragon hunters kidnap kids, they've kept me inside. Which makes sense on their part, why would they want their only daughter and child in danger? "Thanks, Hiccup," I mumbled under my breath, sarcastically. 'He's always in danger and he has to be the Chief's son.' I took a deep breath, maybe if I got to know the Dragon Riders I would see why they get kidnapped a lot. I'll discover why in a week. Hopefully.

"I can't believe this is actually happening. They are going to let me out!" I thought as I jumped up and down.

     I quickly made my bed and put my hair in a braid. After I got dressed in my regular outfit which consisted of a green long sleeve short dress, black pants, and a fuzzy jacket, I ran downstairs and put my boots on because it was still cold in the house and found my mother. My mom was sitting in the kitchen reading a copy of the Gronckle page from the Book of Dragons. I sat down and quickly ate my breakfast. Then, I gathered all the dishes and washed them. I was going to be extra good to my mother. I dried the dishes and put them away.

"Anything else you want me to do mother?" I asked

"Oh, Can you sweep the living room for me please, dear?" She replied

"Of course." and I quickly swept the floor.

"Did you make your bed, Macey?"

"Yes, Mother."

"Did you hear the news, my dear?" She asked

"Yes, Mother and I can't wait."

     She sighed and I could tell that she was sad. She couldn't believe that her 16-year-old daughter was growing up and was about leave the house for the very first time. Her only child is going to take her first step on a journey called life. I made my mother and father breakfast and started to dust. I was so excited that I finished the dusting faster than I usually do. I got the herbs that I needed to make the potion that Gothi gave to my father, he taught me. I made the potion and handed it to my mother. She drank it and I could instantly see her breathing get better. She smiled at me and got up. Oh, that reminds me.

"Mom, you need to go to the market. We need cheese, bread, fish, chicken, and water", I told her

"Okay, I'll be right back," she told me as she grabbed her coat and I helped her put it on.

"And I'll be right here," I said with a smile

     She smiled back and with that, she left. I had the whole house to myself. My dad left after he ate breakfast. The thought, "one more week," came through my mind and I jumped in excitement. I just couldn't stay still and I'm probably going to be like that all week. I tried to contain myself. I went to my room, found one of my writing books, and wrote some stories of adventure that I dreamed about. Since I was never allowed outside, my parents would tell me stories about what they would do when they went outside and sometimes my dreams would take me to far off places. One dream I had I was at the edge hanging out with the Dragon Riders. I always wanted to be a Dragon Rider, to be honest, but I never got the chance. Hopefully, next week I can.

"You can't be a Dragon Rider." my brain told me, "You don't even know how to ride a dragon, let alone train it."

"But I can try," I told my brain, "I can learn. They can teach me."

"I'm sure, you can learn to ride a dragon," my brain replied, "but, why would they want to? You came to late. You'll never be as good as them. So, why try?"

"To prove that I can." I yelled at my brain. "Because I can. Because I want to."

"They don't even know you exist."

"That's because I'm stuck in this house." I reminded my brain, "Please leave me alone."

"Fine. I'll leave just remember what I said."

     I was so angry that I threw the book I was writing in, across my room and it hit the wall, which knocked some stuff off the closest shelf. I went over, picked up what was on the floor and put it back on the shelf. I walked over to my bed, curled up in a ball, and cried. What felt like an hour, the door opened and my mother came in.

"Macey?" She said, "Are you here?"

I quickly wiped my tears off my cheek and took a deep breath, "I'm here"

"Come down here and help me please."

"Coming, Mother." I checked my mirror to see if I had red, blotchy eyes. I didn't and with that I walked down, helped my mother place the food where it belongs. I started making dinner for my mother, my father, and I. Finally, I placed the seasoned fish over the fire and watched it cook.

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?" She answered

"Could you tell me a story about the outside world?"

"Sure. This Afternoon while," She began, "I was gathering the food you asked me to buy. After I got everything on the list, I turned around and bumped into the chief. He said, 'I'm so sorry Mrs. Gerenhow.' and I simply said, 'It's quite alright, chief. It's my fault, any how..'"

I snorted, "Y-You bumped into the Chief!"

"Yes." She replied and looked at me with a smile

"Sorry. Continue."

"He asked me how you were doing and I told him that you were doing great. He wanted my help making Gronckle Iron Mace for a dragon rider, but I told him, 'I can't make Gronckle Iron Mases only my husband and Macey can. Unfortunately, Fadacey is busy at the moment. Maybe Macey can make this dragon rider his tool.' He smiled, 'then have her make it. This dragon rider will be here in two weeks. Is that enough time?' I returned his smile, 'More than enough time. Thank you. Chief, may I ask, what is dragon rider's name?' He laughed, 'Sure, his name is Tuffnut and please, call me Stoick.' I thanked him again and walked home."

I stared at her, "Tuffnut? The Tuffnut? I get to make Tuffnut a m-mace?"

     I couldn't contain the excitement. I was going to make Tuffnut's MACE!!! I handed the fish that was cooking to my mother and jumped out of my chair, ran to get limestone, sandstone, iron. With the pile of rocks that I had in my hands, and ran to Rocky, my parents Gronckle, who is a sweetheart. I feed Rocky the stones and she burped out lava and I started to shape it to a mace until I was satisfied with the result. I dunked the hot iron into a bucket of water and when it came out was a Gronckle Iron Mace. After setting the mace down on the nearest table, I started to jump in place because I was so excited for next week. I think with this much excitement, I don't think I'll be able to sleep all week. 

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!

EVERYTHING INCLUDING MACEY'S NAME EXCEPT MACEY'S FATHER, MOTHER, AND MACEY BELONGS TO DREAMWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading. Remember, "Hicccstrid. Hiccstrid. OI! OI! OI!"