Unpredictable ~ Chapter 24.

En başından başla

Kureto ignored me and jumped to another question, "Did you seriously come alone?"

"You told me to didn't you? Or did you want me to bring someone else?"

"No. I just thought you would've been afraid I would kill you."

"You would've had me killed long ago if you, pleased. I'm still of use to you now so you definitely wouldn't want me dead right now."

"Hmph." Kureto clicked his fingers and 3 gunshots rang out simultaneously, I didn't flinch nor turn to watch the 3 vampires behind me get shot and disintegrate, "You're right, Guren. You're awfully useful to me as of now, I'm even willing to overlook the fact that you're toying with my woman."

"Toying? That's a rash accusation." I chuckled, "Did you call me to whine about the fact that you can't get a girl with their consent or did you want me to actually do something?"

Kureto got straight to the point, "I see you've already started on disposing of the nobles residing in Japan, commendable. All that is left to ask from you is after you've completed that go to Nagoya airport for further instructions."

"Is that all?" I looked at him, skeptical.

"You sound dissatisfied, I'm not asking for much, you know."

"I know. I also know you have an even bigger plan, a plan you can't tell me."

"So what if I can't tell you? If you know you will still have to follow the instructions I give you know anyway."

I looked up at the sky and smiled, "Right. I'll go if that's all." I turned to leave,

"Good, make sure to pass my greetings to Y/N."

My jaw clenched although I continued walking, "I'm sure she'd rather do without it." He chuckled at my response, seeming satisfied at getting under my skin.

~•~

-Y/N's POV-
The hour was nearly up; less than 5 minutes to go and Guren still had not returned, everyone was getting concerned as the time drew nearer to when our next mission began. No report had came informing us of the status of those who had gone on the mission.

"No messenger and no Guren, great." I huffed,

The Guren squad minus Guren had moved away from the rest of the impatient soldiers to a more secluded area,

"Of course you're worried," shinya muttered emotionlessly,

"And you're not?" I shot him an incredulous look,

"Never said I wasn't."

"Then why single me out?"

"Because I enjoy picking on you."

"You don't even seem amused yourself so what's the point." I lifted my hand to gesture at Shinya's blank face which this time didn't sport his usual amused smile,

"Well I tried, didn't I?"

"Stop trying."

"Oh, Y/N." Goshi suddenly turned to me,

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow curiously at him,

"Were you bitten by a vampire?"

"Huh?" my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "No, why?"

"Well there seems to be a mark on your neck..." he pointed out,

I immediately realised what he was talking about and got flustered,

"Oh that! T-that's just from a small accident, yeah an accident." I hastily came up with a lie on the spot without realising Shinya was ready to pounce onto this one,