9

Colton sat at his desk, doing some math homework as well as working on a new novel.

Multi-tasking clearly wasn't his thing as he looked down at his workbook to see he had written 'Percentage of books' instead of 'Percentage of correct answers'.

He cursed and chucked his pencil away. His eyes then fixated on his laptop; his novel to be precise and the stuff he had written.

What he was currently writing was dark - but with a tunnel of hope, unlike real life.

With a shaky sigh, he ran his hand through his hair, long fingers curling through his locks and tugging at the scalp.

The sound of Casey's giggle from the other side of the wall caused him to freeze.

She was having one of those moments.

Casey would talk or laugh to herself in her room. The first time it happened he had thought she was on the phone with someone.

But walking in, she was smiling at someone who wasn't there.

She claimed it was Tyler, her dead ex-boyfriend.

Mental health facilities didn't work. They said she didn't talk much and there was nothing wrong with her.

They said she was getting better at being more open.

She wasn't.

It had been a day since Casey was released from the hospital.

Colton hoped she was better.

And she looked to be much better than when he saw her in that dreaded hospital bed.

But that light in her eyes was still gone.

He sighed and put the volume of the game higher wanting to drown out the sound of Casey's giggles and his racing mind.

His phone dinged at that exact moment.

It was a text from Sammy:

'Dude, check this video out on Facebook. It's sick - and I don't mean it in a good way. It's blowing up at school and it's gotta do with that Willow chick.'

He rolled his eyes. He wasn't one to pay attention to any social media crap but he clicked the link anyway.

The link sent him to his profile on the Facebook app and for some reason, the unplayed video in front of him caused his stomach to grind nervously.

He had a feeling he knew what this was about.

Eyebrows furrowed, his eyes skimmed the little description above the video.

'A message to all you sluts out there, this is what you get. Enjoy!' and some random laughing emojis.

Colton narrowed his eyes and he hesitantly pressed play. He lowered the volume on his phone a bit as the video began mid-way with a girl laughing.

More like cackling.

The dark-skinned girl in an oversized white hoodie was on the floor, a gang of girls crowded around her taunting her with their foot.