Mother and Child

General POV

Kris had just awoken. As soon as they got out of bed they could immediately smell the scent of their mom's famous butterscotch cinnamon pie. Kris soon got out of bed and went downstairs.

They could see the pie on the table, fresh and uneaten, it had become apparent that Toriel had waited to eat it with them. Kris smiled at the thought. They went up to the table to get a better smell of the pie. 

"Kris! I see you're awake. The pie has cooled off now so we can eat it together, just like old times!" Toriel said with a smile. Kris and Toriel sat down at the table, Toriel soon started cutting up the pie for the two to share.

Toriel handed Kris their piece and then took a piece for herself. Two began to eat, "it really does feel like it's been an eternity ago. Since Asriel left, since only you and I have started living here" Toriel said with a slight tone of disappointment.

"But these moments make up for it don't they?" She added with her smile returning. "Kris, you mentioned you were spending time with a friend yesterday after school. Tell me, what is your friend's name?" Toriel asked Kris.

"Susie?" Toriel responded with a questioning look on her face. "Well that sounds like a girl's name Kris" she added. "Oh, she is a girl? Well, that's wonderful!" Kris knew his mom would only be supportive if she really meant to.

"Kris, is it not the same Susie in your class?" Toriel questioned. "Oh! It is! Haha, that is good to hear," Toriel said. "I was afraid she would go the entire year without making a single friend," Toriel said. 

"What? Of course, I know everything that happens in your classroom! I may not teach your class but Alphys keeps me posted on your class. After all, we are both teachers!" Kris had never put two and two together that teachers could actually keep each other posted on information about the students.

"From what Alphys has told me, the other students are quite afraid of her. Kris, is this true?" Toriel asked. "Oh, I see. Kris, you're not afraid of her are you?" Toriel questioned, yet somehow already knew the answer.

"Ah! I didn't think so. Can you describe her to me?" Toriel asked. Kris then goes on to give Toriel what they consider the best description of Susie possible. "Oh, I see. So she's a tall purple monster who is hard on the outside but soft on the inside," Toriel concluded. 

"She sounds sweet. Kris, I'm glad you have found yourself such a wonderful friend. But next time, please make sure to call when you plan on spending time with her after school." Toriel said half joking yet with a smile on her face.

"Oh, the pie is gone! Looks like we ate the last of it without even noticing." Toriel said giggling. "Kris, we should do this more often. Don't you think?" Toriel said. Kris nodded in response.

"Look at the time, Kris, I think we both should be going off to bed right about now," Toriel said after looking at the clock. With that, they both got ready for bed and went upstairs. 

Kris thought to themselves, about how right their mother was. They were lucky to have found such a wonderful friend like Susie, and Kris knew this.