How did we end up this way?

Start from the beginning

In your second year of high school, you came back home in tears. There were a new round of insults and each every time it hit home, it hit your heart, you turned numb. You ran into the bathroom with tears streking down your cheeks you picked dip your fathers razor and lined it up at the skin of your wrists. You took a breath trying to find a reason not to do it. But what? No one loved you, your parents hated you, absolutely no one cared for at school, and your rock, your friend, your inner peace didn't even have the time of day to even ask what happened to what was lost.

You sighed and with a swift movement you gripped the razor and pulled downward marking your sensitive skin. You winced not at the pain but the leaking blood falling onto the tiles on the bathroom.

'This doesn't even hurt.' You thought moving down your arm making more and more marks, your blood now coating your arm with a deep sorry red. Your crying got harder and you fell to the floor holding your arm, rocking your body to ease yourself to stop.

'Good job.' A distant sound in your head told you. It scared you that you didn't care about the cuts but about how worthless that you have become.

You finished your two years of high school with a white bandage around both of your arms. No one questioned it, even when blood seeped through mailing it visible that everyday you always managed to fall off your bike, on your arms, for two years.

On the last day of high school, while everyone was excited and partying, you sat on the toilet in the last stall behind the school. Since no one ever went into the back on the school it was the perfect place to do the deed and be alone. But today as you were pulling out the razor crying that the loneliness your heart felt and the fear of your future that bathroom door swung open making you jump. You hurriedly stuffed the razor in your abused bag and cleared your throat.

"Y/N?" T'challa yelled in the bathroom pushing open each stall one by one.

'T'challa?' You thought looking down revealing his shoes.

'T'challa.' You concluded dropping you face.

He got to your stall and basically kicked the door down.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking at your unbandaged arm and gasping. He grabbed your arm gently and brought it up to his eyes. They started to water.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked dropping his graze from your arm over to your red eyes.

You pulled your arm out of his grasp and swinted your eyes. You pulled down on your sleeves and wiped your nose.

"Since when did you care?" You asked trying to make your wobbly voice cold.

"Since I found out today that my best friend is depressed! Since I just found out that you hurt yourself and you didn't tell me!" He looked down at your face in which fell.

"Best Friends don't just ignore each other..." you said under your breath.

" What do you mean? You were the one pushing me out of your life! I thought I did something wrong so I gave you you're space. I didn't... I wish..." he sighed and sat down on the bathroom floor now by your feet.

"Why did you stop, why did you not wan tot talk." He asked leaning his head on the bathroom wall and glanced over at you. You sniffled and looked up at the ceiling.

"Reasons, at the time but,.." you paused. "Reasons." You finalized.

"I know there are reasons but what are they?" He asked his head now perked up.

"Your stupid ass Friends okay?" You said grabbing your bag and standing up. "They fucked up my life and I get in now. I get why they did it."

You started to walk away but he grabbed your wrist them quickly let go making you turn.

"Why did they do it?" He asked you.

"Because I'm trash, worthless, a fat ugly pi-" he cut you off and pulled you into a hug.

He started to cry into your shoulder and hug you tighter with each breath he took. You stood there in shock telling him hold you and lightly hugged bac.

"Please don't do this anymore im begging you Y/N. I love you okay? I care for you and I wont allow you to be alone anymore Okay? I promise to be by your side for now on." He mumbled into your shoulder. He mumbled other loving things into your shirt and you started to tear up.

"So all those times you have bangles on you were-" you nodded and started patting his head.

"Please stop this okay there are so many things a pretty person can be doing ." He cried out.

"Okay T." You said nodding again.

"I promise but we have to talk about this." You said mounting in between you two.

"Yes, of course." He said holding your hand and looking down at you.

"I care about you okay? I always had so please just let me take care of you as we venture together Y/N. I've always cared and loved you since we were young. And when you hurt yourself like this, your hurting me was well so please, believe me and I'm sorry."

You nodded shedding a tear and going for another hug.

"Okay I trust you." You said holding his hand and walking out of the stall. As you walked out you grabbed the razo from out your bag and threw it away.

'Thank you Bast for T'challa.' You thought walking out, saying your goodbyes to high school.