How did we end up this way?

This was requested by olympicriding101
I have to say I really did try my hardest to really understand from deep down the feeling of neglect and loneliness. This ones a bit in the blues but I'm proud of it.

Warning⚠️: The mentions of cutting and depression. Blood warning as well (but not that detailed❗️)

If y'all ever need a sista to talk to im here. Plus I'm all ears, hugs, and
random meme sends.🤷🏾‍♀️😊
-Yinkous❤️

The void

Even when you were growing up with T'challa, many people have told you that you weren't worthy of his time, a terrible friend, and simply a beggar. Ironically people started calling you that when school started. You were raised with a verbally abusive family not to mention you've always, for as long as you've known, had self doubt.

As you two became teenagers, you've always had a secret crush on T'challa. You, to trusting friend, told her and the word got around like wild fire.

The beggar had a crush on the prince, the future king.

You have to admit, telling that friend about your crush was your biggest mistake of your life. Everyone, including T'challa's good friend, W'baki, threatened you to immediately stop seeing T'challa.

Even if you two were just friends.

At first, you ignored their threats, you two have been best friends ever since you guys were babies, you were never going to step down from that.

So you lied to them. You told them that he couldn't have liked you. Since you were almost like his sister, and he's like your brother, but they saw right through your lies. They knew you were close, but not in a sibling type.

They hit you and kicked at your stomach after school on a rainy day. Nakia, T'challa girlfriend at the time, laughed along with everyone and even gave her own little kick at you. You looked at her, thinking that they were friends, but after the second kick with her heels, you guessed not. After an hour of that pain, you got up and coughed up blood from deep within your throat. You hobbled back into your house, feeling very defeated but knowing the purpose of why you were beat. You came home to be greeted by your mother and father. They explained to you that you missed dinner so they didn't have enough food to feed you, and that you were failing your classes. They told you that you were an embarrassment , and chose to ignore the bruises that we're all over your body, even your black eye.

You promised to yourself that exact night that he was no longer your person, that he was off bounds, and to keep yourself alive is to leave him alone.

One day he asked you if you guys could hang out after school and you gave him the cold shoulder. You've done this several times, ignoring his call and texts, canceling plans last minute. And over time, you guys all together stopped talking. Not even a hello or glance.

But you were pained. You were scared for your own self being and convinced yourself that you indeed were not worthy of love, of him. You were pained that he didnt question your distance. You were pained that he moved on so fast.

So on the first year of high school your were falling deeper into the deep void of sadness. People still made fun of you, for being a so called beggar, for not having a lot of friends and for lacking the Wakanda beauty everyone held. And when your family tells you every single day that you are embrasssing them and that you were selfish you were hitting the bottom. Hitting the final blow of what you had left and he final drop of self love was finally gone. It was up to your mind to take over and fill in your you.