Wolf Blood: Overprotective

Start from the beginning

Kato on the other hand followed his mate around to each of our wolves that didn't make it.

"Kaylyn, come here." I sighed as I waved my daughter over to me. "I need to fix your arms. There is far too much venom in your arms for the pack doctors to fix."

She scuffed her feet over to me as she slid her helmet off of her head. Her arms looked like deli meat. I could see the bone in so many different places, but like I mentioned from her earlier wound by a vamp she can't feel it due to vamps having numbing agents in their venom to hide the fact that you're bleeding out.

I took each of her arms in my hands, held them together, and took a deep breath. "Sutinco," I spoke as I exhaled and closed my eyes as I felt the wounds healing underneath my hands. The area around us turned a shade of blue as neon blue specks floated about like lightning bugs in July.

"Okay okay, I'm fine now." Kaylyn whined and pulled away from me.

I shook my head with a chuckle before returning my gaze back to Kato and his mate. I watched a little more carefully to see her bringing one of them back to life. Its body wasn't mauled like most of them, but she brought him back to life nevertheless. I've seen it a few times from my mother, but never by a child.

The wolf immediately shifted into human form as he gasped for air. Daisy put a hand on one of his shoulders and gave him a smile. A few words were exchanged as well as a hug before Daisy walked around to other wolves.

"She just restarted the wolf's heart." Luka whispered in astonishment beside me.

"I didn't think it was possible for someone as young as her to have that ability." I mumbled.

"Let's leave them alone. Daisy will get scared with someone watching her and will stop." Luka reminded me.

I nodded once slowly before turning back around to see Kaylyn still holding Zurie close.

"Kaylyn, take Zurie back to the house before the sun starts to hurt her, but be careful with your arms please." Luka hugged the two of them before sending them off.

Kaylyn picked Zurie up and then ran with her in her arms.

"Look babe, it's us." I nudged Luka in a teasing manner.

"Yeah, because you never let me walk anywhere unless it's an emergency." Luka rolled her eyes beside me as she lightly giggled.

"Well, you are my Luna and will be treated like you are the moon goddess herself." I shrugged.

Luka blushed a deep shade of red and I laughed.

"Can you guys clean up and give me a head count with names and ranks once Daisy is done." I sighed as I looked over the battlefield once more. It's a sad sight to see for an alpha, but it's a harder sight to see for their loved ones.

"Yeah, we'll make sure they stay safe and we will keep on high alert as we regroup. We will link you if something goes wrong or if something smells off." Ray nodded once before jogging away with Mike and Danny on his tail to back him up.

"It's definitely a sad day today." I whispered and looked down at my feet.

"You did all you could Kate. There wasn't anything else you could do. You were stretched as thin as you could be. This is one battle you couldn't handle on your own." Luka cupped my cheek to make me look at her.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt any?" I changed the subject as I turned her around in front of me to search for any signs of injury. The armor we have doesn't cover the arms. It's more of a vest which will need to be changed after Kaylyn's incident. But everything else is covered except for some parts of the legs.

"I'm okay, Love." Luka giggled.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"The number of lost members is zero." Ray walked into my office with a shocked expression on his face.

"What?" My jaw dropped to the floor.

"Kato's mate, Daisy, brought all of them back together. Even the ones that were in pieces; she literally put them back together like puzzles. I haven't seen anything like it since your mother was Luna." Danny answered for Ray.

"Holy fucking shit." I mumbled as I stood up from my desk.

"Yeah, that's where we're at right now." Mike chipped in.

We all looked at Emily for answers, but she seemed just as shocked as us. "I knew she was good, but I didn't know she could do what we saw today. She would practice basic healing spells and chants on me when I'd scrape my arm or get a scratch on my leg, but resurrection was not one we covered." Emily ran her fingers through her hair. "Which is a long way of saying, I don't know how she did it."

"Kato and I marked each other, so my power strengthened." All of us jumped at the sound of a soft voice. "Sorry, I forgot to unmask my scent." Daisy looked down at her feet as she walked over to her mom, Emily.

"No need to apologize Dais." Emily bent down to kiss the top of her head before looking her in the eyes. "So you and Kato marked each other?" A wide smile appeared on her face.

Daisy nodded as she blushed profusely, but a small smile crept on her lips.

"Yup, definitely your son, Alpha." Ray teased me.

"He was very hesitant with it. He made sure I was okay with it and made me mark him first since I'm a fairy and his mark wouldn't react like it would with a werewolf when he marked me." Daisy scratched the back of her neck. "He asked me to stay in his room while he showered, but I got lonely." Daisy looked up at her mom with a shy smile before hugging her tight.

'Momma, where is Daisy?' Kato panicked in our link.

'With your aunt, uncles, and me in my office. She told us you told her to stay, but she got lonely.' I chuckled to myself as I answered Kato.

Within ten seconds Kato was in my office and pulled Emily to his chest.

"Does the overprotective part of the whole mate idea always stick around or does it wear off?" Ray, who still hasn't found his mate and he is nearly thirty, asked me with an amused expression.

"No, it doesn't. I went to pee while Kate went to get me food yesterday and she panicked when she didn't see me as soon as she walked into the room." Luka made herself known as she walked into the office. "Why are you guys having a gossip group in one of the smallest rooms in the pack house?" She looked at everyone with a confused expression before walking over to me as I stood behind my desk and hugged me.

"It wasn't planned." Danny chuckled.

"You all need to get some sleep after today. There are guards everywhere along the boarder, so everyone get some sleep." Luka pulled a mom card which made me smile.

"Yes Luna," everyone in my office hummed as they walked out and left for their rooms.

"Now as for you Alpha." Luka pressed a finger to the middle of my chest. "You have one more thing to do before you get some sleep." She shot me a wink before walking out of my office, swaying her hips with every step. "Me."

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I ran to catch up with her after being frozen from her boldness.

"Oh, you will be." She, not so innocently, giggled once I got to her side.