Chapter III

PART ONE 

Chapter III - Class Begins

1.

The bell rang for the start of class. Students jammed the corridors trying to make their way to their classroom. Teachers were shouting and yelling trying to maintain order amongst the unruly mob. This was always the time Sakura hated the most. So many people jammed in together, she could barely breathe.

Two of the young boys, Naruto and Rock Lee were jumping around the corridors, bouncing off people's shoulders, laughing and hi-fiving as they made their way to class.

"Come on Naruto!" Rock Lee said. "We can't be late again or Tsunade's going to kill us!"

This was their favourite time. They loved the crowded corridors, all the students and teachers pushing and pulling against each other. They were in their element. One of Naruto's favourite hobbies was trying to come up with ways to bypass all the crowds. Using some of his ninja techniques, he loved running and jumping from wall to wall, hanging from railings and using his friend Rock to help him.

Naruto was rushing past when he bounced off Sakura's shoulder. The pink-haired girl spun around.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Naruto?" she shouted.

"Sorry." Naruto replied, with a wink and sheepish grin.

Sakura huffed and then turned to Ino, who also hated the crowded corridors.

"God, Naruto is so immature."Sakura said.

"Yeah Rock Lee too. He'll never get a date if he keeps acting like this."

"Isn't he trying to date TenTen?" Sakura asked.

"Trying would be a very loose term for it, Sakura."

They both laughed, but their smiles were quickly wiped from their faces when Choji, a rather plump ninja stood in their way and both crashed face first into his stomach. The two girls tried to push him away but he outweighed them both together.

"Move Choji!" Ino cried.

"I can't" he replied.

And he was right. He really couldn't. He was stuck in the middle of three hundred people. Even his massive frame couldn't shift them.

Ino turned to Sakura, her earlier smile very much wiped off her face.

"I really hope everyone in this school would just disappear!"

"Me too!" said Sakura. "Private tuition is definitely the way to go."

2.

The students managed to get to their class. And before long the bell rang out for lunch. Sakura sighed. She enjoyed studying, especially science. She wanted to become a medic someday. What she hated was going back into the corridor and jamming into the cafeteria amongst those ravenous wolves.

Ino brought her own lunch, so Sakura thought she wouldn't bother going to the cafeteria that day and just sit down and relax. She might go hungry, but the food in the cafeteria was usually so awful that sometimes it was healthier to eat nothing at all.

Ino and Sakura sat down in an empty classroom. Sakura outstretched her arms.

"Ah, it's so peaceful and quiet here. I love it."

"Yes," Ino said, sitting down and opening her lunch box. "You should bring your own lunch more often. It beats going to the cafeteria."

"Ok, I'll remember that next time."