(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 1

Somewhere faraway from the city of Blacklight where the noise couldn't follow one too far was a beautiful place, surrounded by the strange flora and giant mushrooms. Standing here, on this cliff could make anyone forget about the struggles of the world out there, Teldryn thought as he stared at the far horizon, seeing a trio of grayish clouds pass by the sun. The dunmer slowly walked forward, stopping at the edge of this cliff and looking down at the crashing waves. It all seemed a bit strange, almost unreal even, what was he doing here anyway? Standing on a cliff and pondering about something gloomily? Seemed so unlike him. Teldryn almost laughed, if anything, he should've been in an inn, half drunk on sujamma and playing a round of Iron Hearts. That or following his most recent client to a cave or bandit camp.
Suddenly he felt someone was lifting the chitin shell helmet he wore, Teldryn thought that he would easily catch this person but by the time he attempted to reach for his helmet, it was already long gone from his head. Revealing his dark, somewhat unkempt hair which was shaven from both sides of his head except for the top. And his crimson eyes which would've a gentle look in them if not for veins of dark, dunmeri warpaint extending all the way down to his chin. Angered, Teldryn furrowed his brows and looked behind him, hoping that whoever took his helmet didn't run away with it. Which would be a funny thing to see. But standing behind him was a dunmer of rather small stature with a grin on her face, eyes gleaming with mischief. Seeing Teldryn look, she quickly hid the helmet behind her and quickly stopped grinning.
"You really love doing that don't you?" Teldryn said, feigning disappointment in his voice
"Love doing what?" she asked innocently
"Love doing what?" Teldryn made a horrible attempt to sound like her before he laughed at it "give that back" the mercenary stretched out his hand, demanding the headpiece back
"I think the fishes in the sea would love to have such a fashionable helmet" the woman replied, scaring the elven man as if she would truly throw it into the waves.
Teldryn frowned at that suggestion "no they won't! Give it here (y/n)!" he reached for the headpiece but she quickly hid it behind her, smiling teasingly at his failed attempt.
The mercenary smirked and reached for it from between the gaps of her arms, bringing them in an uneasy proximity. (Y/n) on the other hand was too busy laughing at the dunmer as she still tried to hide the helmet, it was then she realized this when she looked up and found Teldryn's dark red eyes gazing directly into hers. Slowly realizing that he actually held the headpiece that she had took from him, while his arms were wrapped around her waist, both standing in a rather risqué manner

Teldryn, perhaps attempted to kiss her but the elven woman looked away unintentionally, causing it to land on her cheek. (Y/n) giggled at the gesture, she looked back at him and quickly pecked on his lips. "Here, take your fancy hat back... I wonder what else would happen if I keep it any longer" she muttered and placed it back on his head, resting her arms on his shoulders afterwards.
"I too wonder... but I wholeheartedly wouldn't mind knowing them" Teldryn's voice was riddled with mischief, the woman regretted putting that headpiece on as she couldn't catch a glimpse of that playful smile. (Y/n) acted as if it was a bad attempt at jest and dally, she rolled her eyes "now let me go, unless you want to stand like this until the ash consumes our skeletons" she jested, softly attempting to push him back.
Teldryn removed the poorly placed helmet from his head and didn't move away from her, he made his embrace around her even stronger "I wasn't trying to appear funny or attempting to flirt" he muttered, tenderly brushing aside her (h/c) tresses away from her face, letting his hand linger on her cheek.
All the lightheartedness seemed to have disappeared as he uttered those words, replaced by a confused, strange warmth. The dunmer woman blinked her eyes, smiling shyly "I'm to take it seriously then?" she chuckled
"That's up to your decision" he smiled.
(Y/n) timidly reached up to him, letting her hand rest on the back of his head as she slowly pulled him closer to her. Slowly Teldryn's forehead rested on hers, their lidded eyes gazed into each other's.

The moment, however, was ruined when the ground shook with a tremendous force, startling both of them.
Teldryn darted his gaze towards the ground, which had been cracked by that force
"We cannot stand here-" he couldn't even finish his words before he heard a loud noise, he felt a pull on his arm afterwards.
It didn't take him long to realize that the cliff was breaking and his beloved was about to fall into the sea.
"Teldryn!" she gasped in terror, her eyes stared desperately at him. The mercenary grimaced and looked down the cliff, he was dumbfounded to find that the sea no longer consisted of water... it burned with molten lava. The dunmer still tried to pull her up but his attempts only ended in vain when she slipped from his grasp, her screams drowned by the raging cries of the Red Mountain.
"No!" Teldryn cried, his eyes flooded with tears as he watched his dearest helplessly disappear behind the smoke and fire.

"Hey! Elf get up!" someone shouted, he recognized that familiar nordic accent in those words. Teldryn fluttered his eyes open, seeing a man glaring at him, warpaint was perhaps his second skin on his face, fur and horns were all over his armor. The bitter cold wind and that infamous smell of ash confirmed Teldryn that he was dreaming, and that in reality he was still in Solstheim...