(Alduin) Allies... For Now

Note: Happy Halloween! 🎃 so nice to be writing this book again, I hope you enjoy the chapters!
spooky art by World of Artcraft
————
𝓢itting inside the broken Western Watchtower, she gazed outside the large gap in the wall, the rays of the sun slowly fading. There was suddenly nothing to do on Tales and Tallows, hoping this broken tower could be the best place to catch a glimpse of a ghost or something.
Yet a strange paranoia stirred in her heart "there is nothing to worry about..." she muttered "as long as there is no necromancer going rampant with his summonings there shouldn't be anything to worry—" she stopped when she heard an inaudible, distant roar. The woman frowned and tried to hear it again but she couldn't, she would have dismissed it as her imagination if not for the sudden earthquake. (Y/n) knew it was no earthquake when she saw the dark as night wings descending down from atop the tower.

The woman ran outside and looked up, seeing the set of crimson eyes glaring down from the tower, the crown-like horns from his head made it even more menacing.
"Alduin" she sneered, the dragon roared threatening to deafen her.
"Du tiid dovahkiin" There was a sarcastic tone as he said dovahkiin "aan lingrah tiid lost vod fah un grind" (y/n) felt like she saw Alduin smile when she failed to understand him, something that the dragon loved to do whenever they met, to confuse her.
"About time we meet again... Dragonborn" Alduin said "it wouldn't be fair to let you wander and become a hero while my presence still lingers in this world" he taunted.
"If you are that eager to face your untimely doom, then by all means" she frowned and unsheathed her blade
"You mean your untimely doom?" Alduin chuckled and took to the skies when he noticed the Dragonborn attempt a shout.

The power of the thu'um missed the world eater. Not only causing the trees ahead to break and fall over, but wasting a good bit of her energy with it. However she was quick and didn't utter the two other words of Dragonrend, which would've caused more damage. Not to mention the inability to summon the thu'um for a while.
By now Alduin had destroyed the already broken tower to mere debris, and took the mists to his advantage, attacking by staying out from her sight.
(Y/n) however took the surroundings to her advantage and hid under a broken tree, waiting for the dragon to descend or to hover over the area.
Alduin, losing the Dragonborn from his sight, stopped his flight and descended down on the ground. The earth shaking under his mighty form.
The woman saw her chance and called to her divine gift. (Y/n) took a deep breath and whispered the words "Joor..." opening her eyes and shouting "Zah... Fruul!". Alduin darted his gaze towards the sound and attempted to evade it, but the power of the thu'um surrounded his form and bound him to the land like a mortal or lesser dragon.

(Y/n), after speaking the ancient words had expected the shout to fail or to succeed and hear draconic curses from Alduin. But she saw nothing but the sapphire force enclose around the dragon and surprisingly caused him to disappear. The woman walked outside from her hiding, nearing the spot where the dragon had landed but he was nowhere to be seen.

The Dragonborn felt a cold, metallic touch caressing her neck. Startled, she tried to run away, only to have the caress turn into a strong grip. It felt like her breath would stop any moment.
(Y/n) grabbed the gauntleted hand and tried to free herself from it, but the thorns that jutted out from the gauntlet jabbed into her skin, drawing out blood. With a fearful gaze she looked up to her captor, bumping her head on something that seemed like plate armor.

That same set of crimson eyes looked down into her eyes, the crown like horns on his brows made them appear even more menacing, detecting fear into them a smile curled up his lips, only this time no scales adorned his head but pale skin and long dark hair descending gracefully down his gaunt cheeks.
"Alduin..." she couldn't tell if that was a question or a statement, she couldn't even tell if this man was really her nemesis Alduin.
"You can bend your mortal disadvantages to your advantages, so I decided to attempt the very same... turning into one of you, a pitiful and weak human, so that your thu'um appear futile against me" Alduin grinned, turning (y/n) to face him.
"Now, don't bother moving as your Oblaan... your death, won't be painful" the world eater brought his clawed gauntlet on her neck and enclosed his fingers around it. They both shared a gaze, eyes locked into each other's, their breaths danced, standing so close that they could've feel each other's heartbeats if not for their plated armors. It could've been called "just like lovers" if not for him waiting to snap her neck.
Alduin paused to see the look of pure dread in her eyes one last time before he strengthened his grip around her neck, attempting to snap her windpipe.

However, Alduin was interrupted when an ancient blade clashed against his draconic armor. The dark haired man frowned and looked at the attacker and saw a draugr. Alduin sighed in disappointment and blasted away the feeble corpse with a simple spell.
"Alduin look!" The woman shouted, gazing at something far away from them.
The world eater followed her gaze and saw a large group of draugrs heading towards them, he was surprised. "What are those creatures?!" Alduin stepped back, his gaze refusing to look away from the draugrs.
"Tales and tallows..." (y/n) muttered, on her answer, he turned his gaze to her, confused.
"On this day, necromancy is celebrated... so these were summoned by some necromancer... or necromancers" she answered before he could even ask "and they are heading towards us!" she gasped and held Alduin's palm with her both hands, hiding behind him.
The dark haired man looked at her, smiling when he saw her being embarrassed after realizing her actions.
"Are you trusting me to protect you from them?" Alduin looked at her as if she was a lost puppy, holding her hand afterwards just to mock her. (Y/n) frowned "stop being a smug fool! This is not the moment to continue our battle, these dead must be dealt with first!" she said, trying to let go of him.
Alduin turned his gaze towards the dead once more before leaving the woman's hands, he sighed and caressed her small face with his metallic fingers "I shall protect you for now then" he mockingly smiled, pushing her chin up to face him "we will be allies... for now"...