(Gelebor x Reader x Vyrthur) Snow White And Blood Red- Part 2

With the arrival of dawn, the beautiful ivory chantry was illuminated in the most divinest of beauty. And with it the ritual had soon come to an end, everyone either went back home, wandered the beautiful halls of the chantry or sang quietly. The Arch-Curate stood by himself inside the building, the calm look on his face had dwindled to a tense one. The snow elf crossed his arms over his chest and sighed, something seemed to have trouble him deeply. The high priestess was talking with pilgrims from faraway, until she noticed the Arch-Curate standing alone and troubled. Excusing herself, she neared Vyrthur, gently placing her hand on his shoulder. The Arch-Curate turned his gaze to her and smiled
"Is something the matter?" she asked, her gentle and innocent smile vanished as worry took its place
"(Y/n) why do you worry this much?" Vyrthur was a little surprised that how concerned she looked "I think I'm merely tired, nothing to be so concerned about" he chuckled and gently brushed her cheek. (Y/n) smiled at his answer and held his hand on her cheek "I don't know why... but something seems off..." she sighed.
Vyrthur's smile faded as soon as he heard that, he too felt like that. That somehow this would be their final meeting, the warmth from her cheek tingled the skin of his cold palm. A warmth that aroused a strange thirst in him.
"If I could just hold her..." Vyrthur sighed when he felt her near him, her breath dancing with his...waiting for him close the gap between them. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to do it, he stepped back and broke eye contact from her. "I didn't mean to be so... inappropriate" Vyrthur muttered "forgive me (y/n)... it almost feels like I'm no longer who I used to be" the Arch-Curate didn't wait for her answer, he fixated his gaze to the ground and walked away quickly.
The priestess sadly watched him leave, after so long she was able to ease her mind around his presence and now he had walked away from her. Feeling disheartened, she wondered what she had done wrong before she sighed and left.
Soon the time to leave the grand chantry had arrived, (y/n) had wandered and searched for Vyrthur the entire day. Yet it seemed like he had disappeared into thin air. Dejected, the priestess left the chantry without talking to the Arch-Curate. Something that she had never done. The priestess looked at the statue of Auriel for a final time, praying that nothing unfortunate had befallen the beloved Vyrthur, before she exited the temple.

There were a few knocks on the door. It was late at night and she had drifted half way into slumber. So it wasn't strange that the priestess was a little angered when she opened the door.
"What's the matter? Why do you disturb me in middle of the night?" (Y/n) asked, irritated
"My deepest apologies priestess" the hooded figure lifted the dark head covering to reveal the snowy haired Paladin "but my brother, the Arch-Curate requests your immediate presence... he says that he isn't well" Gelebor said, the priestess felt an unnerving feeling in her mind upon hearing that
"Gelebor? What has happened to him?! What do you mean that he is not well?" she almost shouted in fear
"I do not know for he will not allow me near him, please accompany me to the chantry... for I fear the worst" never did she ever hear the brave Gelebor's voice shake in fear, she could feel a lump in her throat as he finished his words.
"V-Very well... t-take me to him" she muttered and accompanied the Paladin to the chantry.

The pair's footsteps echoed in the halls that lead to the quarters of the Arch-Curate, the Knight Paladin halted in his steps and turned to the priestess.
"(Y/n)... you must continue on from here" Gelebor said, his calm demeanor was now riddled with turbulence "but know that I'm always here to save you" he encouragingly held her hands in his.
(Y/n) was confused and in grief, with Gelebor talking in such riddles, it only increased her confusion further
"Why are you talking like this Knight Paladin?" she asked impatiently, her eyes glistening
"I cannot explain this... but stay cautious" Gelebor smiled and gently brushed her cheek before he stepped aside for her.
(Y/n) took long strides towards the Arch-Curates chamber but had frozen when she stood outside the grand door. A terrible fear stirred in her heart, she felt like she shouldn't enter the chamber, she should walk away and never look back. But fighting those back, she knocked on the room and pushed the door open.
Peeking inside, (y/n) saw Vyrthur standing by the window. It was open and the room was too cold, even for a snow elf. Yet, Vyrthur stood like a statue, not shivering or troubled by it. The Arch-Curate's silvery tresses gently motioned in the lonely breeze, the moonlight caused his ivory armor to glimmer.
"Arch-Curate Vyrthur?" she muttered as she slowly neared him
"You have arrived... it feels so peaceful to hear your voice again..." Vyrthur answered, without looking at (y/n), it seemed like it was painful for him to even talk "please... stand closer... let my eyes see your beauty..." he muttered sorrowfully as if he was on the verge of tears.
The priestess ran to him and embraced from behind him, quietly sobbing on his shoulder "What... is going on?" she weakly muttered.
Vyrthur turned to her and longingly embraced her, burying his face in her hair. The Arch-Curate tried to calm her but tears were streaming down from his eyes.
"I cannot tell... even I cannot tell what is going on..." Vyrthur quietly spoke "but it seems everything is lost now... soon I would lose you too" upon hearing that, (y/n) quickly looked up at him, her eyes glistening with tears. The woman reached up to him "if you'd just tell me..." she sobbed.
Vyrthur gently held her hand that was resting on his cheek and smiled. Without saying another word, he pulled her into his kiss, he longingly held her so, as if he would never feel her embrace ever again.
(Y/n) was happy, she smiled and kissed him gently, letting her hand rest near his heart. It would've been a beautiful romantic confession if not for what happened next.

The priestess's eyes widened with fear when she couldn't feel the Arch-Curate's heart beating, and she was ready to dismiss it as her imagination if she didn't feel two sharp fangs resting against her lips. And the menacing red eyes piercing into her soul.
(Y/n) gasped in fear and pulled back from the kiss, she stared at the cold smile that rested on Vyrthur's lips. "What are you?!" she shouted in dread, trying her best to run away from him.
"Auri-El refused to give his most devoted a second chance... why not doom his most blessed priestess?" Vyrthur grinned, strengthening his grip around her, his fingers hungrily touching her pulsing blood vessels on her neck.
"No!... Vyrthur this isn't you!" she wept and tried to explain, reaching to him lovingly, but
Vyrthur grabbed her wrist "This is who I am now, (y/n)... too bad, you of all people will help me turn the falmer against Auri-El's light, ironic" a cold smile twisted his pale lips as he bared his fangs, aiming to share the curse of his with her.

As (y/n) failed against his unimaginable strength, she offered a prayer to Auriel and braced herself, expecting the worst.
"Not so soon, brother" a brightly glowing arrow pierced through the Arch-Curate's arm, burning away at his flesh. The vampiric elf stepped back in pain as (y/n) saw the chance to escape. The priestess ran towards Gelebor
"How did that happen to the Arch-Curate?!" she asked, trembling in fear
"I do not know... follow me (y/n)" Gelebor held her arm and began to run from the Arch-Curate's chamber
"You cannot outrun the inevitable!" Vyrthur shouted and followed after them.

Gelebor, with the help of Auriel's divine power was able to outrun Vyrthur temporarily. Both him and (y/n) escaping the grand chantry, to a faraway grove.
The priestess sat quietly by a tree, hopeless and grieving. Still in disbelief of what had befallen their Arch-Curate in such a short time.
Knight Paladin Gelebor gazed around him, looking around if anyone was following them here. The snow elf turned to her
"this fight will go on (y/n)"
"I wish to fight it with you"
"You certainly will, just not yet high priestess... I have a plan, if you would listen" Gelebor asked, somehow his voice was still gentle and calm. As much as she wanted to stay and fight with the Knight Paladin, she was aware that ignoring the Paladin's plans wouldn't be wise. The priestess nodded and agreed to listen...