(Brynjolf x Reader x Mercer) Thieving Thieves

Note: To be honest, I never have tried to write a love triangle story until now. But looking back at all the old chapters and the comments, I think I should try and write one. If you did like reading it, and want to see more like this chapter in the future, then please let me know. And if my writing isn't properly executed and turns out boring to read, I apologize for it. Enjoy!.
—————
Looking up from the table where he usually stands and schemes for his guild, he could see a dark, dank place. Sure if an absolute stranger were to see this, they would call it a perfect place for the thieves. But Mercer can see how depressed and run down this place actually looks like. And so are many members of this place, depressed and mostly without a choice. If he had enough gold to either fix this place or leave it to rot... he would choose to leave it rotting. Why? For many reasons, and years would pass by if he started thinking about all the reasons, but all that those reasons had in common was that he hated being here. Every. Single. Day.
And unless there's a good thievery, it's always awfully mundane here. Oh what he would give to leave this guild for good.
"Alright lass, you get to talk with Mercer Frey, our guild leader and then we can begin your training" a familiar voice echoed in the room. Mercer looked up to see Brynjolf enter the chamber, accompanied by a woman.
"Brynjolf of all people" Mercer muttered to himself before he walked out from his table and walked near bridge like platform that lead to the door.
Greeting the stranger and his second in command with a cold, apathetic glare and crossed arms over his chest.
"And this is Mercer Frey, the guild leader I was talking about" Brynjolf said as they stood near the guild leader's table, the stranger gave a slight nod as a greeting.
It was refreshing to see a new face for once, and a pleasant one at that. But who knows what surprises Brynjolf might bring with this stranger today.
"So what am I looking at Brynjolf?" Mercer started, uncaring about his choice of words as his gaze properly inspected the woman. She was darkly armored, had a small frame and a slight confused expression on her face. Occasionally looking over her shoulder.
"This is (y/n), our newest member" Brynjolf replied looking at her
"I get to choose whether she's a member yet or not" Mercer replied, earning a little glare from the stranger
"Damn, wonder what is more odd here, that thieves trying to form a guild or their leader crying over the smallest of things" she said, as if unable keep her cool anymore.
Brynjolf nudged at her elbow, frowning at her before looking back at a surprised Mercer
"Eh... she doesn't mean it... probably the air here is unusual for her" Brynjolf, attempting his best to prevent a fight between them.
Mercer glared at the woman for a few while before deciding to change the subject of the conversation
"Since you decided to join the guild, how about a little initiation test first" Mercer replied
"How many initiations do I have to go through?! Dealing with broke merchants was awful enough already" (y/n) didn't reduce the impudence in her words.
A part of Mercer enjoyed this about her, maybe living in the dark made his mind a little twisted "oh don't worry too much about that" Mercer chuckled "this mission would be so interesting that death would be worth it" he said, Brynjolf suspiciously looked at Mercer
"You are not talking about Goldenglow, are you?" Brynjolf asked
"I am actually" Mercer frowned at him before turning his gaze back to a confused (y/n)
"Goldenglow Estate decided to double cross stuff that they shouldn't have, and now must face the consequences" Mercer explained "make sure that you damage some of their precious beehives, kill some thugs and make the owner pay for his mistakes... if you think that's too complicated then don't bother returning here" the guild leader said, expecting the stranger to roll her eyes and leave but she didn't
"You are letting a stranger walk out from this guild, aren't you afraid of those consequences?" she asked, looking a little smug.
To her reply, Mercer laughed loudly "oh Brynjolf, she's so adorable" he said laughing before he somehow changed his expressions within a second and became cold like before. The guild leader walked uncomfortably close to her and looked into her eyes, trying to find whether she was acting this naive.
"Mercer, stop!" Brynjolf shouted
"It's alright... I got this" she told Brynjolf
(Y/n) looked back with the same cold gaze, she wasn't really threatened by him, she was unfazed by his threats and arrogant behavior
"what is our little heroine going to do? Call the guards? The entire city is run by us, the guards are there to keep some extra gold flowing into the guild, nothing else" he said coldly "now don't waste my precious time, complete the mission I gave you" he lingered close to her for a moment before he turned back and left.