(Ysolda) Damsel In Distress

Note: Happy Halloween! 🎃 so nice to be writing this book again, I hope you enjoy the chapters!
Art is from a mod called Bijin Wives
————
𝕴t is a fine day in Whiterun, the marketplace buzzing with people thanks to the dragon threat being dealt with. But the auburn haired woman wasn't as happy like the others, she needed the rarest and most impossible item for a simple citizen like her would never even lay their hands on. Yet without it her dreams of becoming the greatest trader would remain just a dream. "The struggles of life" she thought to herself and finished buying produce from the shops, she was so lost in her thoughts that Ysolda never noticed someone was standing right behind her, waiting for her to leave.
Just as she turned around and attempted to step away from the stall, her shoulders bumped against someone and her bag of groceries fell on the ground, foodstuffs and other simple objects scattering on the pebbled ground.
"Pardon me!" a rather friendly voice gasped when the objects scattered around, soon revealing to be a tall, lightweight imperial man dressed in wizard robes when he quickly knelt down to pick them up.
With the help of Ysolda, they soon put everything in the grocery bag and stood up to take a proper look at each other and maybe share a few greetings.
"I'm so clumsy today! I didn't mean to push you like that" Ysolda apologized, smiling sheepishly
"No need to apologize, I stood a bit too near you" he said "which I shouldn't have of course... so most of the errors here are mine, I apologize for my clumsiness" he politely smiled after that, a slight hint of triumph appeared in his (e/c) eyes when he noticed the auburn haired woman blush a little.
"I'm (y/n) by the by" he introduced himself, courteously nodding his head and stretching his hand out to Ysolda
"Uh... Y-Ysolda, great to meet you" she shook his hand and bowed her head slightly
"Ysolda? I have heard about you before" (y/n) raised a brow upon hearing that "Hulda was talking about you earlier, saying that you are truly enthusiastic about trading"
"Yes! Actually I wish to buy that inn from her" Ysolda nodded happily "but..." she sighed
"But? What?" the imperial asked
"I need something that is impossible for a simple citizen like me to find and given its rarity, it's sold very expensively... I'm a bit lost on how to get one" she explained
"If you tell me which object it is, I might be able to help" (y/n) replied appearing a bit confused as the nord never mentioned what she was in search of.
"I didn't?" Ysolda's eyes widened a bit "I'm so forgetful at times... well it's a mammoth's tusk, ever since Ma'dran asked one I have been at a loss" she explained. The imperial thought something to himself before smiling "oh that's trivial, I will surely get one for you" he assured.
Ysolda's eyes lit up with happiness "you would do that?! I will be free from most of my worries if you find me one" she grinned.
(Y/n) chuckled at the woman's response "I'll be on my way then, it was great conversing with you" he politely replied and took his leave.
Ysolda sighed and saw the imperial leave before she too went about her day.

The sound of the fireplace combined with the soft tune of the lute created a soothing atmosphere. Ysolda sat solitarily at a table, taking small sips of wine. The nord kept thinking about the charming stranger from the marketplace this morning, she was surprised to hear that he was one of those adventurers and yet he never looked the part. Ysolda was no young, immature woman who would fall for a stranger but she had to admit that she longed for another conversation with him, the way he would talk, so organized and polite. It made her heart restless just by thinking of it.
The old doors opened as someone walked in, turning her gaze almost immediately Ysolda saw the imperial from earlier walk in. Seeing the nord looking at him, he smiled and stepped towards the woman's table.
"Evening" he greeted, taking a seat and bringing out an ivory object resembling a giant animal's tooth, carefully placing it on the table.
Ysolda recognized what it was immediately
"You managed to bring the tusk this quickly?" she was astonished, pausing on her words and taking a moment to inspect the tusk. Strange carvings marked its otherwise smooth surface, signifying that the mammoth belonged to a giant when it was alive.
"If I'm not wrong, you walked into a giant's camp and killed its mammoth?" Ysolda said in utter surprise. (Y/n) triumphantly nodded
"Yes that I did, as the giants were hostile, I had to clear out the entire camp" he said, crossing his arms and resting his back on the chair "was no trouble at all I assure you" he added
"You're a bit of an overachiever aren't you?" Ysolda teased "would you allow me to teach you something about trading at least?" she chuckled.
"Trading huh?" (Y/n) perked up "so you mean sweet words?" he raised a brow
"Maybe..." Ysolda answered, laughing a bit afterwards. The woman wasn't sure what he really meant.
"Fine by me" he shrugged "if the sweet words can get me a date with a rather beautiful woman... in this inn, then of course" (y/n) coyly replied, glancing flirtatiously at Ysolda.
"Oh" the nord blushed "I don't know if they can, but if she was to be around here somewhere then I'm sure she would love to" Ysolda giggled
"Really?" The imperial smirked "are they on that date currently?" he almost whispered his words to her
"Perhaps" the auburn haired woman answered "or perhaps not?" she innocently smiled
"Come on Ysolda!" (Y/n) shook his head "I don't deserve that joke after clearing out an entire giant camp for you!"
Ysolda laughed at his response, holding his hand to calm him down "just a jest! I'm more than happy to call this meeting of ours a date, you really have a way to win someone over" she chuckled, the imperial sighed and smiled back to the nord woman...