9. -•• •- - • -- •

Keith was the only one to see the note he'd noticed while he was comforting Lance, he was crying because it didn't work, didn't gain color. Keith didn't want to mention the note to Lance, he knew it would worry him too much. Plus he needed to ignore it right now he couldn't think about Lotor interrupting such a tender moment and knew it probably wasn't even him and he couldn't go after him. Right now Keith's mission was to protect Lance.

"Lance, just because it didn't wo-" Keith started.

"But I wanted it to, Keith I know I'm supposed to be with you I know it in my heart that if I found any other soulmate I'd be so unhappy because they weren't you. but i just wanted something in my life to work," Lance was crying out.

Keith wanted to hug him or comfort him somehow but he wasn't used to seeing this much emotion if he was honest. "I know Lance, I'm sorry." was all he could think of.

Lance looked at Keith, "can we still get married?"

Keith's eyes went wide, "Lance that's a little fast... I mean I want to... but..."

Lance shook his head, "NO NO! I meant like is it possible to get married even if we're like not 'soulmates'".

Keith shrugged, "I actually don't know, maybe we could go back to Pidge's and ask."

Lance stopped to think for a moment and then nodded, "alright".

They started to get up and started walking in silence for a bit. The two kept stealing glances at each other, until Keith caught Lance and smiled and grabbed his hand and kissed it. Lance blushed and they continued walking. Lance couldn't keep quiet though, "can we still be boyfriends?"

"I mean, that's possible yea, i don't think there's anything that would prevent us from doing that," Keith looked at Lance in a funny way.

"No, like... do you..." Lance started getting nervous. He'd had a crush on Keith for so long, and he was choking up now.

"Lance is everything alright?" Keith questioned concerned.

Lance turned red and just nodded his head.

"What were you going to say?" Keith looked at him quizzically.

"Uh... nothing," Lance chickened out. Lance pulled his hand away scared his palms were getting too sweaty from how nervous he was but i made Keith frown as soon as he lost contact.

They walked in silence for a few more minutes, until Keith grabbed Lance's hand again. Lance looked confused what are you doing .

Keith started tapping on Lance's skin, too nervous to say the words out loud, "-•• •- - • -- •".

Lance looked confused, "I only got two letters do it again."

Keith repeated the same tapping motion. Lance only had some letters but pieces together the rest and hoped he was right, because he grabbed Keith's face and kissed him, "of course boyfriend."

Keith smiled and leaned into Lance's arm as they approached Pidge's house again.

Pidge opened the dot before they even knocked, "Took you assholes long enough. Where the fuck have have you been and what the fuck happened" Pidge was referring to the fact they were both colorless now and basically cuddling into each other.

"I don't know, soulmates are bullshit, but this is my boyfriend," Keith said happily.

Pidge looked bewildered, "You still have a fucking fiancé, when's that breaking off, where is that asshole anyways."

Keith frowned pulling away from Lance. "I don't know" Keith replied.

"I can kick his ass so he knows I'm your man now," Lance jokingly punched the air.

Keith chuckled at Lance, but turned serious when he reached in his pocket finding the note, "I think he's nearby Pidge."

Pidge tilted their head, "why?"

Lance looked confused, and Keith out of worry of making Lance worried, walked inside with the two and somehow convinced Lance to say downstairs while he talked to Pidge in their room. Keith exchanges the note and explained it was left while he and Lance we're kissing.

Hunk sat there also listening and concerned, "we need to get you guys away who know what crazy thing he'll pull," Hunk thought, "we could report him for harassment too."

Keith nodded knowing them saying this was inevitable but still not wanting to come to terms with it.