🌧Chapter 2

I knew it the moment I saw her enter the cafe. Though it was the same place every weekend, the same time, to see the same person, that day was different. Maybe an end to all such routine days.

The hesitant way she walked with towards the table I was seated in, her fidgeting fingers, those round eyes that were so used to looking at me lovingly were now looking at everything around me that didn't need her attention. She was clearly trying hard to avoid me.

It was time she did it. I didn't know how to do it as well. Glad, she did it first. I wasn't going to gain anything from that breakup. If at all I did, it was peace. Peace because she won't be hurting anymore because of a guy who dwelled in the past. In a past that will forever remain painful and dark unless that guy appeared again in the present. Unless he rewrote the ache he left me with...at least an apology, 

That day...that rainy night, I realized "Not only can our past affect our present, but also our  present can change our past...the way we saw our past"

To me, his betrayal caused me to doubt all the happy days and promises we shared. It hurt to see the past I treasured, get stained with doubt and hurt.

Of all the lessons I learnt that day what had my hands over my mouth was, a human, just like me, with no special powers can do this to me...to my life.

"It's not okay going through break-up, the fact that there is no tomorrow for us;
Although it hurts, it would've gotten worse if our relationship dragged on"

(Love scenario, by iKon)

"Hey, Jimin" said Yuna. She was great with words. Though she couldn't control her expressions, she spoke really well. Her unwavering voice covered her extreme emotions.

I smiled as she took her seat opposite to me. I let my eyes fall on her restless fingers and then to the smoothie in my hand. This had to end fast but in a decent and unrushed manner. I didn't want to leave her with an end that would turn into a crappy memory which might bring her pain every time she recalled it. Like a certain someone.

I took a deep breath, looked at her straight in the eye and said, "I won't say sorry or thanks, because those words won't suffice the amount of pain you have gone through with me...because of me. Hit me, pour a glass of water on my head or anything that you think is right. I will take it all"

She looked away, her gaze lingering at a far away distance. I looked to the direction where she was staring at. There was a couple kissing in a corner table to our right. Confused, I looked back at her. Now she was looking into my eyes and opened her mouth to say something that I always felt anxious about. Never did I think she would ask for it now.

"Kiss me"

"Eh? W-What?", I stuttered nonetheless.

"You heard me right. Kiss me. We'll end this relationship then"

I hesitated. She didn't know about my first and the only kiss in my life until then. Also with whom I wanted it to be with. Do I not have another choice?

I bit my bottom lip countless of times and stroked my hair back a hundred more. I felt uneasy. My hands started sweating.

"Ok then don't ", she said

"I'm sorry. It's not what you think-"

"Jimin, calm down. I know what it is. I knew it all along"

"What have you known all along?", I felt my forehead crease.

She smiled, "Anyways, I have verified what I needed. I can live at peace now. I'll get going" She got up to leave.

I couldn't let her go without an explanation.

"What did you verify? Tell me clearly so I can understand, Yuna", I demanded.

"I verified that you won't die of loneliness. And I can relax now because of that"

"Why would you thin-"

"Because what helped you survive till now was Taehyung. Not me. I knew it from the start. But before I left I wanted to make sure you still had not forgotten your first love", she smiled. Like she was grateful.

I was not satisfied with her answer, yet. I waited for her to say more. 

She let out a big sigh and continued, "Jimin, though he left you without even a goodbye, you still love him. I can clearly see that an-"

"I hate him. And no, he isn't my first love" I stated firmly and wished it was true.

"Jimin-ah, don't lie to yourself. Though the memories of him hurt you, those are the reason you are still in one piece. And that's why I can relax as I now know for sure that you still feel the same way about him. That you are still waiting for him"

Why must she always be right at times like this? I had convinced myself that I hate Taehyung. But she proved me wrong.

Before she left, "If Taehyung knows how lucky he is to have you he will surely come back. I think he already knows it. Hang in there Jimin!", she came to my side of the table and kissed me on the cheek.

It was always her who kissed me on every dates. But only the cheeks. She knew she wasn't allowed to on the lips.

"Hope you get a real first kiss from him soon" 

I blushed.

She left the cafe after leaving a memo on my table

It looked liked it had been written a long time ago. But it was not her who wrote it. It was another familiar handwriting. And I couldn't believe my heart still fluttered over every such little details about him.

"2018/11/11"

"What about today?", I shrugged and slipped the memo into my pant pocket.

I looked outside the cafe window as I felt the foolish tickles in my heart fade away with the clattering sounds.

I stroked my hair back in frustration.

It was raining.

A/N:

I know the story is slow and I'm sorry. But I need to create the right emotion for the story to be interesting.

Purple YA'LL💜

🌛💜🌜