[bonus chapter] - cookie dough and wattpad confessions

Start from the beginning

"Oh, shut up," I say, tripping on my own feet in an attempt to dance. "Eh, never mind, it's- crap!" I rush over to the oven and yank it open, grabbing the mitt and pulling out the flour. He turns around to me, watching as I place it on the counter.

"Why'd you- you heated the flour?" I nod and touch the flour lightly with the tip of my finger, cursing and pulling away.

"Ugh, it's too hot. Now we have to wait longer." I turn to him and tilt my head at his quizzical stare. "What?"

"Why did you put the flour in the oven? I know you suck at cooking, but I didn't know you were that bad. I mean-"

"If it's not treated then it might have salmonella in it," I say simply, glaring at him. "Did you know that?"

He shakes his head, a smile tugging at his lips. "No, I didn't, actually. Nice."

"Hmph," is all I say as the song comes to an end.

He turns to me and I look up at him. "What should we do while we wait?" I roll my eyes, ignoring the heat crawling up my neck.

"You're disgustingly cliche."

He gives me a weird look. "I don't know what the hell you were thinking, but I was thinking pillow fight." He pauses for a second. "You're weird. I think you've read way too many Wattpad books." I groan and trudge into the living room.

"I haven't read a Wattpad book in the last two years," I say, glaring at him, although it's a lie. "Plus, most of those books are cliché." He doesn't need to know I secretly enjoy cliché, though.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he says, glancing at me skeptically. "But don't think I don't know about 'The Bad Boy's Secret Nerd'," he snickers, and my eyes widen and my face burns. I launch myself at him and we both fall back onto the couch, Archer throwing his hands over his face as I grab a pillow and throw it at him as hard as I can.

"What the hell?" I shriek over his laughter, my chest heaving. "How do you know about that? I mean- it was a joke, back when I was friends with Bree and she dared me to write a Zayn Malik fan-fic and then Rach read it and she showed it to Shea and-" I stop myself and sit back, my face still burning. "Wait, so doesn't that mean you have an account?" He shrugs and sits back on the couch, picking up any near pillows and tossing them out of my reach.

"Nah, I mean I do, but I never wrote anything," he says, sitting back up. "Have you ever read After?" I blow a strand of hair out of my face and roll my eyes.

"It's a Harry Styles fan-fic, of course I've read it. Twelve-year-old me was all over it."

"They're making it into a movie. Did you know?" I nod and fall face-first onto the couch.

"Mmhm."

"Maybe we could go see it?" I hum again, not intending to move at all until I remember the cookie dough. I roll off the couch and get up, motioning for him to follow me. "Come on." He gets up and follows me into the kitchen, but before we go any farther, I turn around and place a hand on his chest, forcing him to stop.

"Okay, we do not speak of this, um, the Wattpad stuff. Understood?" He nods, grinning, and pats me on the head.

"You've got it, Ken." I roll my eyes and turn around, heading back into the kitchen with a sigh.

Archer presses his finger to the flour, nodding. "Well, we wasted enough time, so that's good," he says, wiping his hands on his pants. "So what we do next is-" he stops when he looks at me. "What's wrong?" I roll my eyes, actually annoyed for once.

"You can't just bring up 'The Bad Boy's Secret Nerd' and leave it at that. Come on, how did you come across it?" He shrugs and leans on the countertop, looking at me.