Bonus chapter - W.I.C.K.E.D

11. October 2578, 12 o'clock, Monday

Ava Paige sat, thinking in wake of her alarm that started beeping out of a sudden. Wrinkled paper in her hand was put even in the worst state as she observed it for what seemed like tenth time already. Her uneven breathing could be heard, breaths coming out of the pale woman's nose and flowing through bright, blond strands of her hair, that she almost always wore in a tight bun or ponytail.

Rarely she felt such pain fill her chest, she could now understand what it meant for all those children, now that her own daughter had no other option but to accept what Ava has planned for her. Even though her emotions have forced her to succumb to fear and guilt, Ava desperately struggled not to show any, for never had she felt so strongly in that way.

She let emotions drown in sureness, her breaths stabilizing afterwards as she let the paper fall down, messed with dozens of others she surely had no intention on going through at that moment. Only then she had truly heard the alarm, getting up slowly to look at the message she had received. Soft clicks of white heels were drowned by the carpet, its furry strands almost gray, the color it has gained due to dust and many years of usage.

Ava pressed the answer button, instantly after the words that came out electronized, with buzzing of unclearness behind she froze, cold flowing through her veins as she repeated the message over and over again. "Your daughter, something is wrong with her memory." Were the words that made even the most cold-hearted and stone faced woman tremble. She grinded her teeth together, remembering the only two doctors that worked on Aria's preparation.

Doctor Rosie Hoffman and doctor Derek Moses.

Ava paced the room angrily, something that opposed to her usually calm exterior. Swaying by her right side was a small radio that delivered the message she feared of; not only her daughter was endangered but the whole project she has spent so many years planning went the completely wrong way.

Ava felt angry inside and out, her soft and wrinkled features screwed in anger as she finally decided on what to do. "Call Dr. Hoffman and Dr. Moses to my office, now!" Her white heels stopped near the table, as she, taking in a long hard breath sat with her hands on messy glass surface. She exhaled through her nose, straightening her shoulders in a polite manner, so her behavior wouldn't seem out of ordinary.

Moments passed in silence of her office, the long wait for two responsible doctors even prolonging into presumably five minute when a silent knock interrupted Ava's train of thoughts. She inhaled once more, forgetting the anger that brewed in her being as she muttered a quick yes.

Two doctors have made it. Ava watched them for a while, Rosie's petite figure against the tallness of Derek's, and her strawberry blonde hair that reached to her shoulders. Their equally questioning eyes, green and gray that met under the strangely calm expression on Ava's features. "Rosie, is there anything you'd like to tell me." Young woman's head turned toward the CEO, confused at the words.

"Yes. Somebody tempered with Subject A6 and her memories." Young doctor stated in distress, shuddering lightly under the cold gaze of her older friend and boss.

"You don't perhaps think we did it?" Derek interjected after noticing the accusing look that has passed the older woman's face and defending whatever was left to defend of his belief.

"I am required to consider all possibilities." Ava stood up, diplomatically placing one hand over the other as she gazed at two disbelieving doctors.

"We did exactly as told." Derek continued.

"Maybe that is where the problem begins." Ava reasoned, disabling her voice that threatened to flare with anger.

"We can still fix this, maybe add a memory or a dream, which gives her a little bit more than what others came up with." Rosie said, nodding firmly at the approving expression that Ava gave her.

"I expect you to fix it." Ava motioned for them to leave with dismissing movent of her hand, sitting down again after the doors have closed and silence enveloped the office. She took the white sheet of paper, unable to read a single word as the only thing that currently ran through her mind was the discovery of whoever threatened the safety of her experiment and family. All though, after all she has done to Aria, she wasn't sure if the girl could ever consider her family.

But what she didn't know was a slight shadow just behind the corner of her office. A shadow of a short and raven haired girl whose plan worked perfectly. Gazing at the empty hallway, she slipped behind the beige wall, disappearing from the view of whoever was found to walk at that time.

I'm sorry Aria. I couldn't let them do that to you.