The Shredder Strikes Back Part One

It early in the morning, the sun hasn't even started to rise yet. In April's apartment, Raph slept on the floor with Donnie on top of the couch, and Mikey in it. Donnie's foot ends up in Mikey's face and he waved it away "Oh, jeez. What died?" He muttered in his sleep and rolled over on his side putting his face to the pillow . Yuuki slept in her sleeping bag that she brought over. She was sleeping silently with a few toss and turns. The brothers had texted her earlier saying that the sewers were being overrun with foot ninjas. And that they were staying at April's place for the time being until they have given up.

As they slept, Splinter who was sitting in a chair opened his eyes. He saw Leonardo standing in front of the window.

"Morning training my son?"

Leo turned to him "Yes sensei while the city's still quiet."

Splinter walked up to him "Your discipline is commendable Leonardo. Have a good run."

Just as he was about to step out of the window "But I trust you that you are not thinking about scouting the lair alone.

Leo freezed. He turned around and faced him "Why would I do that? Just because the sewers are overrun by foot ninjas, so we're forced to hide here at April's like cowards?" That last question being more angrier than dismissive.

"You ask a question that is not a question. If we are to succeed against our foes, we will need to act together as a team, not as rash individuals."

"I understand, Master Splinter. I am curious though. With the Shredder gone, what are the foot ninjas up to?"

Splinter got up from his chair and placed his hand on Leo's shoulder "Patience, my son. I have a feeling we will find out all too soon."

Yuuki groaned in her sleep and she woke up. She sat up rubbing her eyes and saw the two of them. She looks at Leo "Don't go." She replied sleepily

"I'll be back soon. You get some rest." Leo replied

Yuuki watched as she saw him leave then laid back down rolling on her side.

(I have a bad feeling about this. I just hope that I'm wrong.)

Leo ran across the rooftops on his morning run. As he was running, one person popped into his mind, Yuuki. Every time he closed his eyes, she was there. Every time he meditated she was there clouding his thoughts. Every time she entered the lair to visit him and his brothers and Master Splinter, she made his heart skipped a beat.

He came to only one conclusion. He finally admitted it to himself. He was in love with her. No matter how hard he tried to shake that thought from his mind. He couldn't.

Leo out a sigh in frustration and continued his run. As he jumped across a rooftop, he didn't notice a few foot ninjas in an alley. They started to follow him one of them drew their sword and lunges at him. Leo quickly ducked and kicked them away then quickly turned around facing the ninjas, glaring at them. He pulled his swords out. Suddenly, he senses something then turned and saw more ninjas. They gestured the ninjas to attack him. Leo looked and saw a rope. He quickly jumped landing on top of the fallen ninja he had kicked. He jumped off of them and grabbed the rope then cuts it and swings to another building.

The chase had begun.

back at April's, Mikey and the other brothers snored. He waved his hand in front of his face then slammed it into his face. He let out a yell in surprise waking everyone up.