Chapter 58: Lies and Denial

Start from the beginning

There is nothing to say! Even if I knew something, what makes you think I'll tell you?!

You're lying! You know something, I know you do! Now tell me!

NEVER!

It's snarl was so harsh and venomous it struck me silent. The roar-like-snarl shook my whole body, and even I knew my actual body shuddered from it's power.

I will NEVER tell you! You are better off knowing NOTHING! The less you know, the better. Your nosiness will cause nothing but despair and destruction!"

I was completely speechless at it's words. My mouth was open, but now words ever came out.

Do us all a favor (Y/N), and stop prying into things that are far too complicated for you and your little brain can handle.

Little brain? How dare you--

A sharp pain struck my head, jerking me back conscious. That imbecile must've broken my connection by force.

Wincing, I stood up from my awkward position on the floor. The pain in my head still lingered even after I gave my head a soft massage.

Annoyance and anger bubbled in my veins, making my blood boil dangerously. I've never felt so much hate burn in my heart, other than the time when my parents were brutally murdered.

I clenched my fists. If only I had more time, I could've read it all...

Out of rage and regret, I slammed my fist on the cold sink, feeling it slightly crack underneath the sudden pressure.

Pain immediately erupted from the hand I used. I gripped it harshly, squatting down and bringing it to my chest.

There were dark shaded of purple on my hand, and a little blood seeping out from the place where it took most of the impact.

The overwhelming pain was just enough to distract me from my rage. I winced as I stood up to grab the first-aid kit provided in each room.

I am not so talented when dealing with medicine. No, let me rephrase that.

I am really stupid when it comes to medicine.

I took the only thing I was familiar with from the box, and setting aside everything else.

If something touches the bruise, then it hurts like hell. So all I have to do is cover it up with something, right?

I grabbed the bandages and clumsily wrapped it around my hand, making sure it covered the worst bruises.

Done.

As for the pain, I could whip out an ice-pack to help numb it, I suppose.

I sighed and packed up the med kit, unlocking the bathroom door afterwards.

I strolled over to the mini fridge we had, thankful that there was indeed an ice-pack sitting in the freezer.

I took the cold thing and wrapped a paper towel around it, gently pressing it to my painful bruise.

"(Y/N)? What happened?"

Aw shit.

Petra's soft voice caught me off guard, and I had no idea how to explain why one of my hands was covered in bandages and that I was putting an ice-pack on it.

Petra took off her shoes and set a plastic bag on the table. "I-I got you chicken wings. But never mind that, what happened to your hand?"

I looked away, avoiding her gaze. Petra noticed my reluctance to answer, and she immediately said softly, "It's okay... you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable."