The Time Before Us

Start from the beginning

"Your son is my best friend!" I extended my hand to him, "he's amazing and you'll be proud of him."

"Yuyan right? My son told me about you in the short time we were able to meet, I think the feelings are reciprocated," he smiled. I could definitely see the resemblance between the two but maybe it was just the blonde hair and blue eyes, they had different facial features. It's sort of funny Naruto and I never knew each other's parents because they were dead but now each of us get to meet one, we'll have to talk about this soon.

Now I walked up to the first and second Hokage, I'm sure they'll be amazed to hear I'm a Hane after they were the last to see or hear about the clan's whereabouts until I showed up around here.

"It's an honor to meet the two of you, my master told me a lot of stories about you and Madara as well," I directed my attention to the first.

He lifted an eyebrow, "master? How old was this guy? Who is he?"

"Hmm, does the name Ryuunosuke sound familiar at all?"

Both Hashirama and Tobirama tensed up at the mention of his name and just looked at me in shock.

"Are you like his secret love grandchild?" Tobirama asked.

I laughed, "no, he never had any children, but I'm his descendant, he also trained me but that's a long story. My name is Yuyan Hane, it's and honor to meet the two of you," I bowed my head, the two still seemed to be in shock.

Before taking a moment to process, the first spoke up, "where did you go?! What happened to Ryuunosuke and the rest of the Hane?"

"I'm not sure what exactly went down between you all, Ryuu-sama would never tell me the specifics, but he relocated all the Hane to Ryukyu Valley, the land of our summoning animals. The rest of the Hane were killed, that's another long story. My brother and I made it out but he died shortly afterwards, he's fighting in the war right now but only as a revived soldier. I'm the last Hane left in this world," I answered. Saying I was the very last of my kind always feels like a burden. I wondered if Sasuke felt that way, but now he has Itachi at least, I was still on my own.

The two were speechless for a moment, taking in the fact that the clan they rivaled against was eradicated. The Uchiha had been killed off as well, the Senju weren't necessarily gone but they just disappeared amongst all the intermarriage throughout the years.

"How did Ryuunosuke die?" Tobirama asked. I could tell he was far more direct than his brother.

"An illness a few years after they had settled in the valley. Many of them died back then, learning to adapt to the new terrain took a severe toll on our clan, but we eventually found our way. We were very secluded though. Anyway, that's not too important, the reason we're here is for him," I pointed at Sasuke.

"Third, why did you give Itachi the orders to kill the Uchiha? I killed him for revenge but later found out from Tobi and Danzo that it was all a lie. I decided to declare war on the Leaf village but Itachi is alive again, Yuyan can answer your questions later."

"So you found out," the Third sighed, "it is true. We ordered Itachi to kill the Uchiha then branded him as a traitor and had him infiltrate the Akatsuki to act as a spy. Itachi was the only one who could do this, being a boy as wise as he was, we knew he was able to see the bigger picture and place this burden on him. He executed his mission perfectly for the one sole condition that I protect you and Yuyan from any harm," he explained the truth to us. My mind wondered a little and I thought about how Itachi and Ren were doing in battle.

Probably kicking ass.

"So it is true," Sasuke looked to the ground sadly.

"Such is the fate of the Uchiha. It's expected for planning a coup. I knew they would rebel someday, Madara did incite a few with his ideals."