She's Back!

3rd Person POV

"What's up guys?" Addie smiled as she stepped out of the chamber.

"Took you long enough to come back." Xara told her snarkily while grinning a bit.

"I don't understand, how did you-" Jesse started to ask before Cassie heard her and turned around to find Addie standing behind her.

"What?!" Cassie swung out her ax and threw it toward Addie's head, but she managed to duck in time to avoid being decapitated and it shattered the chamber instead, as Addie shifted to her Elytra form.

Right as Cassie called her axe back to her hand, Addie placed a shadow shield over Romeo and the animals that solidified into a glowing, black, glass-like material as she flew over to the gang, picked up Jesse's diamond sword, and slashed at the vines holding everyone down in a single glide.

"Sorry, but now is really not the time to explain the whole plan." Addie hurridly responded before shifting to her regular form and readying some small shadow spheres in her hands.

"Uh no, you owe us an explanation now!" Petra demanded while picking up Ms. Butter and started trying to strike Cassie, who was floating in front of her with her axe beating against her sword, "I mean, what the heck, we saw you die right in front of us!"

Cassie started to summon living vine creatures with glowing red eyes to recapture everyone, but, with their weapons back in their hands, their limbs were cut off, only to grow back again. Lukas stayed back by the shield to defend it from any creatures that came too close to it by shooting them from afar with his arrows.

"I'm really sorry I scared you guys, but I had to die so that I could come back." Addie told everyone while holding a creature within a dark bubble and using it as a battering ram to strike down all the other creatures surrounding her.

"That doesn't make any sense!" J yelled hysterically as he pushed another creature off of him and slashed at it with his sword.

"The glitch was consuming me and I knew I  wasn't going to make it to the source code in time before it finished the job." Addie paused mid-sentence when a creature managed to wrap its vines around Addie's torso, trapping her arms too, but her hands started to glow purple and she ripped her arms out and struck the creature down.

"So that's why I allowed Cassie to kill me after I made that realization and, in my last few seconds of life, I input one last spell into my bracelet so that I would be fully revived once you guys made it to the source code." Addie paused again to help free J from a creature's grip before finishing rapidly, "Again, I'm super sorry you guys thought I died, but, in case Cassie made it here first, I needed you all to actually think I was dead so she wouldn't suspect anything."

"Ok ok we forgive you, just please stop rambling!" Petra told her as she finally killed two of the creatures.

"Fascinating plan, but I'm afraid it will be for nothing!" Cassie shouted and she summoned another axe and they became enchanted, but instead of a blue glow around it, the enchantments made it red and orange and she tilted her head back to stare at the ceiling as she began to ready a final blow and the orange aura surrounded her, but gradually started to surround the axes instead.

"Guys, she's fueling those axes with all her power." Jesse announced urgently.

"So?" Xara questioned as she hacked through the last vine creature and they all faced Cassie as she charged herself with more power.

"It means that if we can get the axes and destroy them, Cassie will lose all that power." Lukas explained as he joined back up with the others.

"Addie, can you provide a distraction?" J asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just hit Cassie with whatever you've got and launch me forward as hard as you can when I give the signal. Sis, we do the maneuver."

"You mean the..." Jesse was shocked at first, but then a smirking smile slowly crept across her face.

"Yep..." J paused for dramatic effect, "The doomsday maneuver."

"What's happening?" Lukas questioned, confused.

"Just stay back and protect the others while we finish this." Jesse told him and he nodded before pulling Petra and Xara over to the barrier and ducked behind it.

"You ready?" Jesse held out her arms towards J.

"Always." J grasped her wrists with his hands while she did the same to him and they began to take turns switching themselves forward, closer and closer to Cassie, while a yellow light began to surround them until they were nothing but a blur of brightness and Jesse planted her feet on the ground as she launched J toward Cassie in the air.

"Addie, now!" J shouted a split second before he was launched and Addie used her telekinetic ability to give him an extra boost of momentum forward as he flew toward Cassie just as she snapped back to attention and held her axes in an X over her face as Addie started shooting mossy stone blocks at her as a distraction.

As J collided with her, a bright shock wave rolled through the chamber, kicking up dust as a blindingly bright light flashed for a moment before the area went dark.

Coughing and waving their hands in front of their faces, Jesse and Addie ran over to where Cassie was hovering above before and saw a huge crater at the bottom where J was sitting up brushing off his hair.

"J!" Jesse lept down into the crater and threw her arms around her brother as he coughed a bit of dust out.

"Are you OK?" Jesse pushed J out of their hug to check for any injuries.

"Nah, I'm good, at least we finally got to use the Doomsday Maneuver." J smirked as Jesse shoved him back playfully as he lay on his back to catch his breath.

"What happened to the axes?" Addie asked.

"Here." J lifted his hand from his side to reveal a small pile of dark orange ashes and he let it fall to the ground as he shook off his hand and the others had gone to stand next to Addie outside of the crater.

"Where's Cassie?" Lukas questioned.

"Right here..." A voice sounded from right behind them.

1091 Words