An Adventurer's Return

3rd Person POV In Beacontown

"I'm so excited I could pop!" Jesse stated excitedly as she ran out of the Order Hall with Lukas, Reuben, Benedict, who had been dropped off in Beacontown by Isa to visit Rueben, and Lluna running after her toward Beacontown's gates.

"I know it's been a while since you've seen your brother and Petra, but you telepathically talked with them last night." Lukas said as he slowed down to catch his breath and Jesse did the same.

"Yeah, but it's not the same." Jesse whined a little and the three animals came up to her side and nudged their heads against her so that she'd pet them. She was also excited for her brother's return because, supposedly, he had found an old book in a temple he and Petra came across on one of their adventures that has a spell to be able to turn objects, animals, and people into other forms and vice-versa.

"Will the spell they found even work?" Lukas questioned, not sounding skeptical, but cautious.

"I don't know, maybe we can take it over to Addie since she has a history with spells and would know a phony from a real one if it's fake." Jesse suggested, remembering their new friend who had moved into the same district as Binta and all of the other Fred folk in Beacontown a few weeks ago.

"Besides, I already asked them if they'd been OK with it and they said yes."

"Really?" The animals all nodded their heads in unison.

"Petra and J have returned!" Lukas and Jesse turned around toward the fan who had shouted and saw she was right, Petra and J were entering town, looking dusty and tired from traveling, but happy nonetheless.

"Bro!"

"Sis!" The Jesse twins ran at each other, did their signature sibling high-five, and hugged each other tightly as the finale.

"Oh come on you two, you mind-talked last night." Petra groaned as she went to pat Lluna and Reuben on their heads and stroked Benedict's back.

"Right?" Lukas said, "What did you two bring back other than the thing."

"We brought a few more things from our travels, but we wanted to wait until arrived so he could see too." Petra said winking when she emphasized 'things.'

"He's on a mining trip right now with the Mine Guard, but he should be back in a little bit." Jesse informed them as they started to walk back to the Hall.

Time Skip

"I can't believe that you two managed to find a woodland mansion and bring this back." Jesse admired the Totem of Undying that Petra got from killing an Evoker and gave it back to her.

"It was pretty intense, especially with the Vexes disappearing and reappearing to kill us." Petra admitted as she put the artifact on a pedestal that had been reserved for her and J's treasures.

"Those things are so annoying every time you visit a woodland mansion." A new voice said and everyone saw that Jack and Nurm had entered the Treasure Room.

"Hey Jack!" Petra and J went over to give him and Nurm a hug.

"Hrm hhmm."

"Huh?" J questioned.

"He said, 'Glad to see you two made it out of there alright'. So what's this 'spell' you two found?"

"Here." Petra pulled out a book and opened it up to reveal an old book with a strange symbol carves onto the cover with a single piece of paper that was weathering around the edges with slightly faded writing inside in another language.