Into The Code

3rd Person POV

"There's just one little problem." Addie said out of the blue.

"There usually is..." Petra mumbled.

"What's the issue?" Lukas asked.

"Well, there are actually two problems. For one, I don't know the code realm that well, or at all, since I've never been there for longer than a few seconds."

"So you won't be able to transport us there." Jesse finished up her thought.

"Correct and two, I don't know if I'm going to be able to withstand having to transport all of you guys what with this glitch still on me." Addie explained as she turned around, giving a clear view of the glitch finishing up consuming her Elytra wings and started to dissolve into her back.

"Does that hurt? Because it looks super painful." J asked, about to poke her back before getting his hand caught by Petra's with a disapproving shake of her head.

"No, but it might mess with my abilities to travel, so for all I know I could lose one of you guys while transporting."

"Well, that wouldn't be good." Lukas muttered as he crossed his arms in thought.

"Well the good thing is that I might be able to stabilize my abilities until we get there, but then only when we disable the Admin controls in the main code will we be able to get back out. So, the only thing I'll need is something to help me navigate toward the code realm."

"I think I know who might be able to help." Jesse said and they all looked toward her in question.

Time Skip

"Romeo and Xara?" Petra asked as she raised an eyebrow at Jesse as they neared the house district where Romeo and Xara had moved into, along with Binta and the Fred folk.

"Are you sure they're going to even consider working together to save the world?" Lukas asked skeptically, knowing that Xara was still in the process of forgiving Romeo.

"We have to try, them being former admins means that they should know where the source code is." Jesse told her friends as they walked down the street to Xara's house first. When they arrived they ran into Romeo, who was already at the door of Xara's house.

"What are you all doing here eh?" Romeo asked while cocking an eyebrow.

"We're here to get you and Xara's help." J responded.

"Well, she's not in a very good mood right now."

"Why?"

"She went out for a walk earlier after we had argued about..." Romeo trailed off and everyone got an idea of what the argument was about, "when she came back she went straight inside and didn't tell anyone she had returned."

"Did she go out into the woods?" Lukas asked cautiously.

"Why yes, yes she did."

Instantly, Jesse started knocking frantically at the door

"Xara! Open up we really need to see you!" Jesse yelled and, two seconds later, the door opened to reveal Xara, who had traded her former prisoner uniform for a purple long sleeve and dark blue jeans with black shoes and her purple hair was still in its messy bun.

"What is going on?!" Xara shouted as she threatened to close the door again until she stopped.

"What's wrong?" J asked.

"I know her." Xara pointed to Addie and she turned her head around to see if she was pointing to anyone else before motioning to herself.

"Me?"

"Yes Xara, she's the descendant of the insane tyrant we faced centuries ago, no offense." Romeo added on directing the last bit to Addie.

"None taken."

"She's got the glitch, doesn't she?" Xara asked and they all looked at her and realize that the bracelet she always wore on her arm was starting to glitch as well as the top of her shoulder.

"It's beginning..." Romeo and Xara whispered at the same time.

"You two know about the glitch?" Petra asked confused.

"Well we knew it was coming-" Romeo started.

"We just didn't know when." Xara finished.

"So you'll come with us to fix It, right?" J asked hopefully.

"But to fix this we'd have to go to the-"

"-the source code yeah we know, Addie's told us about it since she'll be able to teleport us there with you two's help." Petra interrupted Xara and she grimaced while thinking and finally said,

"Alright I'll go with you, but don't expect me to be cheery about it."

"Works for me, now let's go!" J said just as Addie fell down to one knee and started straining for breath.

"Addie what's wrong?!" Jesse kneeled down to help Addie back to her feet.

"The glitch infection is starting to hurt a little bit, but I should be able to stabilize myself so we can get to the Code Realm." Addie quickly responded to try and hide the fact that the infection really hurt.

"Let's get to the Order Hall, I need to tell Radar that he's in charge while we're gone."  was an agonizing strain on her

"Oh yeah, where's he been, I haven't seen him since we got here." Petra asked.

"He went to visit Champion City to see how they're doing and if they would need to trade for anything. He should've been back today." Lukas responded.

Time Skip to the Order Hall

"What?!" Radar yelled as the Jesse twins explained their situation.

"Sorry we have to drop a bomb like this and leave but the sooner we leave, the sooner the world will stop crumbling." Jesse apologized as she pulled Ellegaard's armor off its stand and pulled it on.

"You're going to a realm that's full of glitches and you're not bringing back up?" Radar exclaimed hysterically.

"Actually, it's going to be us, Petra, Lukas, Addie, Romeo, and Xara." J corrected as he pulled the Shield of Infinity armor on.

"As Co-Hero-In-Residence, I trust that you'll be able to protect Beacontown while were gone." Jesse told Rader as she put her hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes.

"I-I won't fail you, Jesse, I give you my solemn oath." Radar saluted Jesse who smiled in return as she and J left the Hall to meet up with the others outside.

"Everyone ready?" Jesse asked as everyone made sure they had armor on and had what they needed, but they noticed that the only armor Addie had on was an iron helmet with a couple of enchantments on it.

"Don't you think you should bring more armor?" Petra asked.

"Nah, it's not like I'll be needing that much protection." Addie brought out her book and chanted something in gibberish again and a light shone, slowing the process of the glitch degeneration for Addie to gather enough strength to create a portal in front of them.

"Hurry! We all have to step through before it closes for good!" Addie strained to keep the portal open as everyone started to jump through.

"Come on!" Jesse pulled her arm just as the portal collapsed in on its self and they found themselves with the others in a dark and cold place surrounded by mob corpses.

"Welcome to the Coding Realm, where all the world's glitches end up..." Addie said ominously.

1270 Words

AN- Sorry for not updating here in a while, but I go back to school on Monday and I'm simultaneously excited and nervous to go back so I got a bit of a writer's and motivation block when it came to this chapter. Anyways, I'll be leaving you all on this cliffhanger for awhile and I'm still working on my other stories. So, until the next chapter or story, Bye!

Rebootedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें