Moving Forward

3rd Person POV

"Addie!" Jesse yelled from her position on the ground next to her twin and the Wither Hoverer and PAMA stopped their battles with the New Order members to go to Cassie's side.

"Next time, decide carefully who you choose to save..." Cassie said ominously as she tossed a smoke bomb down and the three disappeared under its cover.

However, when the smoke cleared they saw Xara on the ground a little ways from where Cassie stood before.

"Xara!" Petra ran over to her side with J.

"How did you manage to get out of PAMA's claws?" J asked.

"Did you forget that I'm an escape artist?" Xara asked as she stood up and brushed herself off.

"Oh right..."

"Guys!" Lukas alerted them as he and Jesse were kneeling next to Addie as she lay on the ground with the poisoned spike still in her chest.

"Isn't there something we can do?" Jesse asked Xara, but she responded by closing her eyes and shaking her head slowly.

"No..." Petra whispered.

"H-hey guys..." They heard Addie whisper from the ground as she opened her eyes a crack.

"G-guess I should've been a l-little more cautious around the infamous 'White Pumpkin' huh? Heh..." She laughed a little before roughly coughing.

"Hang in there, we can get help.. somehow." J tried to assure her, but his voice shook.

"You guys need to go on ahead, if Cassie gets to the core, accesses it with Romeo's help, and powers it with the kids to power herself as an admin, there will be no stopping her." Addie moaned out.

"We can't just leave you like this." Lukas said.

"Yes, you can, because this is my end." She whispered before shaking taking her bracelet off and surprised everyone in doing so since they were told it was attached to her, as long as she lived, and handed it to Jesse.

"Take this, it'll allow you to use some of my abilities to get through the maze that's around the source code."

"Wait, there's a maze?" Petra exclaimed suddenly.

"And you didn't tell us why?" Xara asked a bit angrily.

"Because I needed to be sure that I could trust you to use these abilities without letting them consume you in the darkness, all of you are each other's strengths, use that to endure..." Addie fell back, eyes closed, and her body became the same ashy gray like every other glitched mob corpse in the realm.

Everyone took a moment of silence before standing back up and continuing on the "trail" they had been on before.

Sad Time Skip

"I can't believe this..." J muttered.

"What?" Petra asked.

"Everything! The kids and Romeo were taken to help Cassie become a powerful Admin and our new friend just died right in front of us!" J yelled hysterically.

"We may be a smaller group, but we can still make it to the source code before Cassie." Jesse tried to assure her twin, pulling him into a one-armed hug.

"Hey, have you figured out how that bracelet works?" Petra asked as she cleared another spike in their path using her sword.

"No, not yet... I haven't even gotten up the courage to put the thing on." Jesse replied as she held up the bracelet and, in the dark "light" of the code realm, it looked really spooky.

"Oh come on, just put the thing on! If that thing can help us against Cassie, then it should be fine." Xara said impatiently.

"Alright alright!" Jesse exasperated loudly as she took a deep breath and put the bracelet on her right arm.

Right as she put it on, Jesse felt all of her senses heighten tenfold and could feel every shadow's presence within a hundred blocks around.

"Sis, are you alright?"

"Huh? Yeah, I just got overwhelmed for a second." Jesse replied, shaking her head slightly to clear it.

"What do you think we should do here?" Peter asked as they arrived at the dark waterfall and there wasn't anything else around it aside from more mob corpses and poisonous spikes.

"I don't know, but this is kind of freaking me out." Lukas said as he shuddered at the dark purple and red edged, upside down waterfall.

"I sense something dark behind the waterrise?" Jesse said as she walked up to the pond that led to the waterrise and saw a reverse image of herself.

"Oohhh big surprise." Xara muttered sarcastically.

"Well whatever it is, it's like it's calling out to me..." Jesse stepped into the water and found it to be freezing cold and deep enough to go up to above her knees, but continued to wade toward the falls.

As she continued forward, the other began to follow her lead until Jesse stopped and held a hand up in a fist to signal to the others to stop moving.

"What is it Sis?" J asked nervously.

"Something's coming..." She whispered back and was about to continue forward after a few seconds of silence when something large and black shot out from behind the falls and swiped out at the group.

"What the heck is that thing?!" Petra yelled after she got up and unsheathed Ms.Butter.

"The Kracken..." Xara growled as she drew her bow and fired an arrow at two more tentacles that came out from the falls.

"The what now?" Lukas asked as he joined her by her side and fired some more arrows away from their friends.

"Romeo wanted to create a mob that would haunt the bottom of the ocean, unfortunately he didn't account for its size and it glitched into this. He decided to make it guard the entrance to the Source Code after imprinting himself on it." Xara explained.

"So that's why Cassie took him?" J pieces together as he struck another tentacle away from him.

"I'm afraid so."

"Well we have to get past this thing to catch up with them, so anybody got any bright ideas? I'm looking at you two." Petra asked directing the last part to Lukas and Jesse.

"What?" Lukas looked confused.

"Why us?" Jesse asked Petra.

"Because you two are the best at making plans."

"I got it!" Jesse exclaimed and J made a 'see?' gesture.

"Lukas, on my signal give me a boost into the air." Jesse told him and he nodded and got into position, right in front of the tentacles with his back facing the Kraken.

"Wait, what are you-" J didn't have time to finish his question before his sister ran straight towards Lukas as she signaled him with a whistle, he cupped his hands around her foot as she stepped into them, and threw her into the air as all the tentacles moved to try and grab her out of midair.

1223 Words

AN- Another cliffhanger for Y'all, but I'm still really sorry I haven't been working on this story for a while. I've been losing my motivation to continue it ever since I got into new fandoms and have been working on stories for them.

However, I will finish this book, hopefully within a couple more chapters and I would like to get some comments as to how I'm doing with my other stories since I'm not getting a lot of constructive criticism.

Anyways, see y'all in whatever chapter comes next, Bye!