Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"I'm sorry for yelling at you last night. I was just really stressed out and needed some time to think." I don't dare look at him as we sit at the kitchen table. He opens his mouth like he's about to say something and before he can, I say, "Just because you were angry at your mother, doesn't mean that you should take that anger out at me!" My voice came out a yell. I didn't mean for it to.

"You know what, I deserve this. I'm sorry and it won't happen again." He says. I turn up and look at him. He's not the forgiving type so hearing "I'm sorry" from him is the best it's probably going to be.

"Okay, I forgive you." I say. He looks up and grabs my hand.

"I know I'm saying this a little quick but we have to go and live somewhere else." He says.

"Why?" I seem confused. "We have to leave because I'm afraid that my mother knows where we are. We have to leave tonight." His grip on my hand is getting tighter.

"Okay." I don't know what else to say.When am I going to tell him about me. My gut tells me now but I say no. I have to tell him sooner or later.

"Tobias," My voice croaks, " can I tell you something?" Just spit out the word. It's fine Tris. Don't worry. My heart pounds in every word I say.

"What is it Tris?" His voice is calm now.

"I didn't want to tell you last night because you were clearly upset, but now I think I should tell you." Like he already knows what I'm about to say, he grabs my other hand a holds on to it tightly.

"What Tris?" he says, keeping his dark blue eyes on mine. I gulp back the lump in my throat but I finally say it.

"I'm pregnant." My heart stops. He looks at me and then curves a smile on his face. He holds me into his arms and I cry into his sholder. It's too overwhelming, all the emotions inside me.

"I love you Tris." He says. He looks at me and then wipes the tears off my face. "It's going to be okay." His sence of security makes me feel better. I'm happy he accepted the fact. A weight has been lifted off my sholders and I don't worry as much anymore.

"You too." I say.