Like a BAWS

Wow. Slytherin. That must have been what the whole 'snake' thing was. The prophecy said 'snake' A LOT actually...I'm stupid...

Dumbledore wore a poker face the whole time I was being Sorted, and when I was Sorted into Slytherin he said,

"Ahh. Glad to see I was right. You can never be too careful, you know. Yes..."

"Umm...Professor Dumbledore?"

"Yes, Ms.Potter?"

"Errm...what's wrong with whatever house I got into? Like, why does it matter? Just wanted to know," I added quickly, trying not to sound rude by questioning his actions.

His eyes twinkled and he smiled, however. That guy is as unpredictable as a provoked llama. Or maybe my character judgement is as bad as a llorse...ugh.

"That's a very good question. You see, you might be instrumental in the defeat of Lord Voldemort, should he decide to make a comeback-"

"But I thought he was dead? Like...gone. Right?" I blurted. Then blushed. No idea why.

"Most people would like to think so, but no he's not."

I raised my eyebrows. I would certainly THINK so.

"Although he is in quite a weak state, he has ways of coming back. Unfortunately, he also still has many, um, faithful, followers, shall I say? However, most are afraid that if he returns he will not be pleased with them, his followers, for denying their...'discipleship'...to Voldemort. So most of the Death Eaters would help in his return in order to gain his favours before someone else does." Long speech Merlin. Just sayin'.

"Oh." What a way with words, Hayley. WHAT a way! It's not like he just said LORD FREAKIN VOLDEMORT could still come back to murder you and the only family you've ever had! Besides Blake...but since Blake's a Squib, would he get murdered too? I nearly cried at the thought.

"However," Dumbledore continued, "if you had not had that scar on your neck, it wouldn't be necessary to cover up your identity and your true house. But I have a feeling you will meet the same fate as Harry..." he trailed off. My hand quickly went up to my 'newly acquired' scar.

"Anyway!" he said suddenly. I jumped. Bastard. STOP FRICKIN SCARING ME. Though you don't really have to try on that one...

"Tomorrow, September 1st, you will be sorted again, but you will be sorted into the same house as your brother, whichever house that may be. And, with your luck, it wil be Gryffindor." He chuckled.

"But...aren't Gryffindors and Slytherins, like, rivals?" I asked.

"Yes, dear," he grinned. Git. STOP BEING MEAN TO YOUR HEADMASTER HAYLEY. Wtf?

"Now, you'd best be off. Wouldn't want to be late for dinner, now would you?"

I nodded, and was soon back in Malfoy Manor, no thanks to Floo. I hate traveling by Floo. Better, by far, than Aparrition, of course, but still.

I dusted myself off and looked up. I was in the dining room. Then Mrs. Malfoy, Mr. Malfoy, who I think just got back from work, and Draco, walked in. They weren't surprised to see me standing there in my jeans and cropped tee, so I assumed Mrs. Malfoy told them I was off with Dumblebee. Like a boss. Draco looked up and grinned at me. And guess what? I bitch-slapped him for being a bloody helpless idiot.

HAHA kidding. I hope you didn't fall for that...wait who fall for what? What? Being a witch has taken its toll on me, I think... Anway, I grinned back, then greeted the Mister and Missus. Yup. Old-timing. Like a BAWS. I should really stop saying that.

THEN dinner began.

Next day... DUN DUN DUNUNUNUNNNNNN! - random creepy music -

"Draco! Hayley! Come! We must leave for King's Cross soon! Eat your breakfast so we can be off!" Mrs. Malfoy yelled up the jillions of floors. Kidding. Just a flight of stairs.