Eyyyo, My Name is Draaaco

_______________________________________________________________

"Although volume upon volume is written to prove slavery a very good thing, we never hear of the man who wishes to take the good of it, by being a slave himself." ~Abraham Lincoln~

.................................................................................

The creepy creature turned out to be a house-elf, a magical being that serves a family for its whole life, generation after generation, until one of its owners gives it a piece of clothing, setting them free. Hence the rugged pillowcase. Poor creatures. Anyway, the creature, whose name was Dobby, took my luggage to the room I would be staying in here at Malfoy Manor, after a harshly-given command by Mr.Malfoy. Poor Dobby.

Wait! What the hell's gotten into me!?!? I'm never sympathetic!! Even to Blake!

I guess Malfoy Senoir just seems like a nasty guy.

"Oh, Lucius," remarked Dumbledore after Dobby disapparated with a loud crack. "I always wonder when you will come to respect your poor house-elf and treat him kindly?" It was more of a question than a statement.

''Professor, however much this may go against your morals, house-elves were born and made to serve, therefore they are slaves to humans, and should be treated as such," stated Malfoy matter-of-factly. What an asshole.

"Are they not living beings, Lucius? What if the human race were to take the place of house-elves and be forced to serve them for all eternity, hmm?"

"But of course, Professor Dumbledore, that would never happen."

"But say, theoretically speaking, that that was how the world had come to be?"

He had nothing to say to that, then. He deserved it, the rude prick he was. He proceeded to shift uncomfortably as he thought about it. I smirked. Draco frowned.

"Very well then, Lucius, Narcissa, young Draco. Farewell. I shall see you all again, I hope." Dumbledore turned to me.

"Young Hayley, I know I will be seeing quite a bit of you later on. Take care of yourself, and behave, won't you?" His eyes were twinkling as he spoke, but he regarded me sternly, nonetheless.

"I will, Professor Dumbledore. I promise," I said truthfully and seriously.

He then walked back to the gate after nodding to all of us, and when he was on the other side of the gate he apparated.

I turned towards the Malfoys again after Dumbledore disappeared. I was expecting things to get awkward, but apparently Mr. Malfoy is a serious guy and wants things to go his way, so he said, "Draco, why don't you take Hayley to her new room? Dinner will be ready by 6 o'clock, and don't be late. Be sure to show her around the house and what rooms she is allowed to go into and isn't allowed to go into. We wouldn't want her getting lost or stumbling across things she shouldn't know about, now would we?"

Draco nodded and turned to me. "Follow me."

After muttering a thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, I followed Draco into the house and up the stairs.

7 minutes later...

THIS HOUSE IS FREAKIN' MASSIVE! It took us about 7 minutes to get to my room, and on the way, Draco, trying to avoid awkwardness (can't blame him), struck up a conversation. He asked me where I was born, which I knew meant something like, "How come your voice is so funny?"

I was born in America, I told him, and haven't been in Scotland long enough to get an actual accent, though I had hints of it. He was surprised when I said Scotland, and I said "Yeah, Scotland. Isn't that where we are now?" I was a wee bit confused.

"No. You're in England now." He chuckled.

I hit his arm playfully. "I knew that! Dumbledore told me earlier; guess I forgot."

"Well, let's hope you don't forget your way around here. Trust me, when I was a little kid my dad always had to come looking for me and pick me up from whatever deserted corridor I was in and bring me back to my room. I still get lost sometimes." I snickered.

He frowned, then grinned. I wondered what devious little thought he had that made him change emotions so quickly. "You won't be laughing when you get trapped in an empty corridor that no one passes through and you begin to slowly die of hunger." He had a massive grin on his face, like this was somehow funny, when it certainly wasn't.

I opened my eyes wide, half surprised, half scared to death. "Has that happened before?" I said incredously.

He laughed. "Nah.'' I let out a sigh of relief. "Maybe." He had a devious glint in his grey-blue eyes. I snapped my head to him, eyes wide. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I slapped his arm.

"Draco!"

"At least, not that I know of." He still sported a devious glint in his eyes and a wide smirk.

I glared at him and stopped the conversation about THAT. He just laughed at me. Jerk.

========================

Dinner was fabulous. Food covered the entire table, even though it was just the four of us. After dinner I said good-night to Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy and thanked them for everything today, to which they replied you're welcome, and Draco led me up to my room, which just so happened to be next to his. Great. At least I can sneak over to his room and prank him in his sleep...or booby trap his room...the possibilities are endless! I smirked.

"What's so funny?" Draco asked me when he noticed my facial expression.

"Nothing," I sang out. "You MIGHT found out later." I gave him a scheming smile then shut the door, leaving Draco looking VERY confused, and, dare I say it? A BIT scared, to say the least.

I took a hot bath with Japanese cherry blossom soap, my favorite, with a hint of almond oil. I couln't believe how many soaps and oils they had! The bath even had different colored bubbles! And the bubbles could change shape!

When I got out I changed into my pink shorts from Victoria's Secret with a matching pink tank top with horizontal white stripes. Yea, you heard it right, Victoria's Secret. Occasionally, Mrs. Phatlog took the girls and guys to the mall to buy whatever they liked. She dropped us off for the whole day, but we had to stay in groups and use our own money, asides from a bit she gave us. She dropped off the little kids with a group of adults who volunteered, and she didn't give the kids as much money as us, about 1/4. She gave the older kids, including me and Blake, fortunately, about £50 each. But once we used it up we had to use our own money for the rest of the year, which we had little of. And she knew that, which was why she was so very generous. I always wondered where she got all of that money, though.

Just as I was turning off the light, I heard a soft knock on my door. "Hayley?" a soft voice said. It was Draco's.

I opened the door to see Draco standing there in light blue pants with vertical pinstripes and a white v-neck. "Yup?"

He looked slightly relieved, but what for, I didn't know. "I was just checking to see if you were all right and if you needed anything. I've been knocking for a while."

"Oh, I was in the bath, sorry," I replied.

"That's OK. If you do need anything, just ask me, or call for Dobby." We stood there for a couple seconds, then he turned to leave. "See you in the morning, I guess. I'll wake you up 10 minutes before breakfast, 'kay? Good-night." He turned around, but then I grabbed his arm, and he turned back around. "Yea?"

"Just wanted to say thanks for being so considerate, Draco. And for everything you helped me with today. I probably would've ended up starving in a corner if you hadn't of been there."

He blushed slightly while beaming with the compliment. "You're welcome. It was no problem, really." He turned to leave when I grabbed him one last time.

Then I kissed him on the cheek. I FREAKING KISSED HIM. Even though it was on the cheek, but still. I mean, I'm only eleven, for Merlin's sake!

We stared at each other for a bit, both of us surprised by my action.

I gave him a small grin. "Night!"

I shut the door, leaving behind a strongy blushing, yet extremely happy Draco Malfoy.