Ignoring her the music began and she clenched the microphone between her hands nervously, wondering why the hell Kara loved this activity so much, she couldn't whisper sweet nothings to her girlfriend but she could sing in front of strangers.

"When I was a little girl, I had a rag doll
Only doll I've ever owned
Now I love you just the way I loved that rag doll
But only now my love has grown"

(Y/n) tried to breath feeling the eyes of everyone on her again, this would have been so much easier drunk, hell she would have done a solo conga line, instead, she was sober and noticed every movement in the room.

"And it gets stronger in every way."

Her eyes turned away from the strange eyes observing her until they found the familiar warm brown orbs gazing back at her.

"And it gets deeper, let me say
And it gets higher day by day"

Suddenly they all drifted away and hey didn't exist anymore, only Alex remained her lips stretching out into a wide smile, (Y/n) was never going to be hailed as the next Emeli Sande, but she was quite good.

"Do I love you, my oh my? Oh baby
River deep, mountain high
If I lost you would I cry
Oh, how I love you, baby, baby, baby, baby"

"When you were a young girl"

"That's not the lyrics!" Someone shouted out.

(Y/n) and Alex both glared at the person who dared break into their world. "I don't care, I'm singing to my girlfriend you dickhead!"

"I'm her fiance." Alex clarified again for what felt like the millionth time.

Kara turned to Lena. "She's always reminding us."

Lena nodded.

"Did you have a puppy?
That always followed you around
Well, I'm gonna be as faithful as that puppy
No, I'll never let you down."

"I guess this means Alex is forgiven." Sam mused.

Sara nodded. "Yep if you listen carefully you can hear Rosario Dawson and Stephanie Beatriz breath sighs of relief."

"Cause it grows stronger like a river flows
And it gets sweeter, baby and heaven knows
And it gets sweeter, baby, as it grows"

Alex turned her gaze back to the woman she loved, it was so wonderful to see her so carefree and at ease, despite the awkwardness of having to sing.

"Do I love you, my oh my? Oh baby
River deep, mountain high
If I lost you would I cry
Oh, how I love you, baby, baby, baby, baby"

"(Y/n) really has a type huh?" Kara found herself saying out loud. "How did she end up choosing you, Alex?"

"And it gets stronger in every way
And it gets deeper, let me say
And it gets higher day by day"

The whole table turned towards Kara, Alex's eyebrows raised high in the air as she looked to her sister with a look of utter betrayal.

Kara jumped in her seat catching herself. "Err cause I mean you are way better than them."

"Thanks, sister."

(Y/n) dropped the mic happy to be free of the limelight, rushing back to their table and her seat next to Alex, who was rising to her feet a warm smile playing across her lips as she pulled her into her arms and placed her lips to (Y/n)'s. "That was amazing." She whispered. "