Chapter 23: Wrong Signals

"(Y/N) is in more danger than we thought,"

"You mean selling as in?"

"As in it is exactly what you think it means," Tim muttered as Black Canary walked up to the screen and leaned over it, inspecting the writing.

"Care to explain?" Red Hood's robotic voice resonated in the room as his arms crossed over his chest. The tension in the air was thick and tense. Nobody knew what to expect of the news Tim was about to announce, but by the looks of the situation, it wasn't looking good.

"They plan on selling (Y/N) to the highest bidder after taking some blood samples."

"To replicate the blood samples?" Nightwing asked.

"Most probably" Tim answered.

"So clones." Red Hood concluded.

"What kind of highest bidder?" Batman asked.

"It seems that they might sell her off for money and make their own clone without any emotions -- which evidently she has." Tim nodded, "but," he sighed, "it's possible Deathstroke or Lex Luthor might send someone to buy them-"

"To collect her instead." Batman finished.

"What about Lilith?" Robin asked.

"She has no use for her, she wouldn't care what happens to (Y/N) as long as she doesn't roam free," Black Canary illustrated.

"Bitch," Arsenal grumbled, earning a small nudge from his best friend and a glare from the Bat.

"How do we corner them?" Wally asked.

"We'll talk about that tomorrow," Dinah smiled softly, glancing down at her watch, "it's getting late, regain the energy you lost for the trip," She gestured to the bats. They nodded, fairing their goodnights and leaving the room.

Robin went ahead, scurrying to his room and changing into his sleepwear before heading to (Y/N) room.

When he entered the room, she was sleeping soundly, facing the other way of that which he was. He closed the door discreetly before tiptoeing to the foot of the bed before (Y/N)'s wolf instinct kicked in and she woke up.

"Hmmm, Dami?" She mumbled, her head slowly peeling off the pillow to begrudgingly open her eyes to stare at the culprit.

"Yes," He simply answered, sliding under the covers beside her. She cracked a small smile as his back faced her and she pulled his waist closer to her, snuggling into his hair.

"I missed you," She whispered, leaning over to kiss his temple.

"I missed you too," He grumbled, hoping it would be barely audible to her, fortunately, her wolf hearing made the answer very audible and she smiled in his hair. She slowly drifted off to sleep, her mind only shutting down when Damian turned around in her grasped and hugged her waist.

******

Batman and Nightwing however, didn't go to bed, since Canary had stayed up the night before with Tim, they both decided that they would keep investigating into the night to obtain as much information as possible.

"Hey, look at this," Dick pointed to the screen, highlighting a specific paragraph in one of Lex Luthor's emails to Deathstroke.