Chapter 1: A Runaway

Your PoV

I ran, that's all I could do, run for my life, hoping that I wouldn't get caught. I couldn't let that happen. Not after everything we've been through, I can do it, I've able to do so until now, I cannot give up now.

I raced down the big abandoned shipping port. It was raining heavily, and it was freezing cold. Luckily, they wouldn't find me in the cold rainy night, I was a fast runner, I could outrun them and stay free. But I couldn't, I needed to find Grey and get him out of here before it's too late. I turned around a corner and hid in an empty container. Crouching down and sitting on the floor, I attempted to make as little noise as possible. I took a deep breath as I listened to faint footsteps around the port, their sounds muffled by the heavy rain. I shivered in silence, hoping that I could warm myself up in my soaked hoodie and jeans. I wrapped myself in my arms as heavy footsteps resonate outside. My breath hitched as a silhouette appeared at the entrance, the neon street lamp accentuating the figure's soaked hair and features. He walked in, not distinguishing me in the darkness. His warm breath escaped his lips in an attempt to breathe in a less humid environment, but the little cloud quickly dissipated, taken over by the cold once again. I slowly stood up, not making a single sound as he lifted his gun up, pointing it at the darkness that surrounded him. Then, he completely stopped, trying to hear anything that might put him on the right track. I ceased to breathe, staying as immobile as possible, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of finding me above everyone else as I quickly made a decision, knowing he wouldn't leave until he found what he was sent for. And I did what had to be done. I shapeshifted in my tiger form and pounced on him, stabbing his shoulder with my fangs. Fortunately, I cut off his breathing before he could release a groan. I applied pressure until he fell unconscious, unable to inspire. Stepping back, I breathed heavily as I changed back into my human form. It had to be done, I thought. I scurried out of the container, looking in every direction to see if the coast was clear, then running towards the city, I had to find Grey and get out of here before they get to us.

Meanwhile, in The Watch Tower...

3rd Person PoV

"There has been a lot of criminal activity in the neighbouring city, but only in one particular area." Black Canary explained.

"Any more details?" Martian Manhunter asked

"They all seem to be after the same thing, but we don't know what it is." She answered.

"I'll contact Nightwing to send a team in and find more details on what we're dealing with." Batman informed. His colleagues nodded in agreement. He paced to the computer and contacted the first Robin.

Your PoV

I dashed in the city, running as fast as I could, turning into alleys and main roads. I heard the sound of faint chatter as a number of big cars arrived in front of my apartment block. I hurried to the alley, pulling the rusty metal staircase down, and zoomed up the stairs, opening my bedroom window. I landed on the floor with a little thump and tiptoed around my apartment.

"Grey? Where are you?!" I whisper yelled. Turning around as I heard shuffling from behind me, a little silver furred body drunkenly wandered towards me.

"(Y/N)?" He pronounced in his sleepy state.

"Stay close honey okay? They've found us, we need to get out of here!"

I darted to my room, taking all the necessities in my bag, along with my cash and food. I stuffed all of it in a bag as I ran and put my warm coat on. Grey sauntered to me and I picked him up, placing him in my coat as he made himself comfy in the little pocket I made for him, just above my chest. I slung my bag over my shoulders and jumped out of the window, out onto the staircase and slid down it. I marched around the corner, hiding in my coat as I walked towards the train station.

Back At Mount Justice...

3rd Person PoV

"All young Justice members are unavailable at the moment, I will be asking you, Canary, to take Zatara with you and transfer information on this USB key. They are hiding in an abandoned warehouse a few miles away from the abandoned port in the neighbouring town." Batman explained, handing Black Canary a USB stick. She nodded and proceeded out of the Watchtower, towards the Hall Of Justice.

Your PoV

I relaxed upon arrival at the train station. Not wanting to be involved in facilitating my capture, I decided to go the bus station a few minutes from the big terminal, away from cameras. I walked up to the cashier, clearing my throat before I spoke up.

"Excuse me, when is the next bus to New York?"

"Oh, you've missed the last one honey, it left an hour ago." She soothed. I bit my lip as I tried to think of a solution.

"Do you have any buses that leave soon?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes, the coach to Gotham leaves in 3 minutes." She smiled.

"Great! I'll take a one-way ticket then." I sighed. She nodded as she printed the ticket.

"43.43 dollars please." I guided a wad of money closer to my face and shakly took a 50 dollar note and slid it across the counter. After she handed me the change and the ticket, I paced towards the terminal and quickly got on the coach. I sat at the end of the bus, against the window.

"Where are we going?" Grey asked as he laid his head on my collarbone.

"Away from here," I explained, closing the small curtains to hide my face

"Away from here," I explained, closing the small curtains to hide my face. The bus soon started and we were on our way to Gotham.