Chapter 13: Home?

"Let's just hope they get home safely," Dick muttered.

--------------
Your PoV

"How are you, Damian?" I asked him, looking at the huge body of water in front of me.

"I'm okay." He whispered, sitting beside me. "I.... wanted to.... thank you for giving me your food since yesterday, are you not hungry?" He asked. I smiled lightly, his rough exterior started cracking off and his voice became less aggressive over this small while we were together.

"My animal side can live for a few days without food, you need it more than I do."

He nodded, gazing at the landscape with me until a small grey patch jumped in his lap. A loud flapping sound followed by a squawk made our heads snap down the edge of the cliff. A dark brown, body was flying towards us before pouncing on me. I let out a little yelp as the furry body pinned my body to the ground.

"It's okay Damian, that's Anya!" Grey exclaimed as he tried to stop the boy from attacking the creature on me.

"Anya?" I asked as I looked up at the figure. A squeak was released from its' throat as it nuzzled my neck and laid on top of me.

 A squeak was released from its' throat as it nuzzled my neck and laid on top of me

"Hey, baby." I chuckled, stroking its head. It squawks one last time before sitting in front of me.

"Why are you doing here honey?" I cooed. She growled slowly.

"I think she's saying that Mom told her to come get us?" He explained, looking back at her for confirmation. She squealed, standing up and waggling her tail.

"So I guess this is it," I mumbled, looking back at the forest behind us.

"We're going home?" Damian asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled. I advanced to Anya and hosted my body onto her back. I gestured to Robin to come closer. Grey jumped into his arms and he came closer to me. Bending down, I helped him sit in front of me.

"All good?" I asked him. He hummed in response, tightening his grip on the pup.

"Take us home Anya."

------------

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" Wally groaned, flicking Dick's forehead out of boredom.

"He's right, what if something happened to them." He voiced, standing up from the couch as it released a little 'poof' from Wally's face hitting the cushions.

"Why did you move dude, I was fine laying on you." He grumbled, his voice muffled by the fabric.

"What if-" A loud squawk interrupted them and a thumping sound resonated in the corridor as the familiar creature raced into the room.

"Damian!" Nightwing yelled, running towards his little brother and engulfing him in a hug.

"Babe!" Wally exclaimed, rushing to me and carrying me off Anya.