Chapter 12: Lost

A/N: Posting this now because I'm going to see Infinity Wars this afternoon and I'm still not ready. And thank you so much for 1.1k reads!!! I deeply appreciate it!

"Where are we?" Grey whispered.

--------------

Your PoV

I got on my paws, remaining in my wolf form as I analysed the forest, pacing to Grey and keeping him between my legs so he stayed safe. I tilted my head slightly so Damian would be in my peripheral view. I sniffed around me, hoping that the second time would enable me to pick up a scent that might be somewhat familiar. I tried multiple times but to no avail.

Suddenly, my ears moved and I could distinguish motor engines

Suddenly, my ears moved and I could distinguish motor engines. I grabbed Grey by his neck and skipped to Robin, pushing him into a bush with my forehead. I dropped Grey and pushed the kid to the ground, placing myself in a crouching position over them, hoping to camouflage us with my fur. We remained silent while the engines roared, coming closer to us before they passed by us in a few seconds. We waited a little longer. Soon, I stood up and stepped off the younger ones.

I growled, getting the attention of the pair.

"She's saying you need to take me in your arms," Grey whispered to the youngest Wayne. His eyebrows furrowed and he turned his gaze on me. His expression changed as he locked eyes with my determined ones. He grabbed the pup quickly and waited for the rest of the instructions. I paced to him and lowered my head between his legs. In one swift movement, he was on my back. I grunted and looked back at his sitting figure on me.

"Hold tight." Grey mumbled as he cuddled closer to Damian's chest. The latter tightened his grip on my fur. I let out a low growl before racing through the forest. I ran as fast as my legs would let me. Even though I was going faster than I was able to in a long time, I kept my sense aware. The wind blew through my fur as I pounced over various tree trunks and bushes.

"(Y/N), you can call Anya if you get to a clearing." Grey informed excitedly. I grunted in agreement, as a sign to show that that had been my plan since we arrived here.

After about half an hour, I stopped, trying to catch my breath.

I huffed loudly as I looked around, desperately trying to find a little patch of clearing

"Over there." Robin pointed. I tilted my head again, then gazed towards where he was pointing.

3rd Person PoV

Back At The Mount....

"Where did you send her!!" Kai yelled as Keanu held Seff down.

"Somewhere surrounded by water." He cackled. "Somewhere that cannot be found but where many enemies lie."

Kai stepped back in thought.

"Ayaka, summon Anya." He nodded to his sister as the cream wolf ran out of the Mount, Red Hood and Wally on her tail.

She howled as loud as her lungs would let her. She panted as a gust of wind started in front of her, a loud vibration sound following and a winged figure appearing.

"You need to find (Y/N)." The wolf voiced worriedly. The gryphon stepped back, looking at the ground in thought before chirping lightly and jumping off the ground and flying off.

Your PoV

I howled as loud as I could, hopefully, Anya was in this realm and would be able to hear me.

As soon as I was finished, I scooped Robin again as he hogged Grey and rushed off. If the people in this forest are our enemies, we should not facilitate our capture by staying in the same place as the source of the howl. Once we arrived at a small, well-concealed place, I crouched down, enabling Robin to drop down.

"Now what?" He asked, sitting down. I let out a short bark.

"We wait." Grey explained as he laid in the boy's lap, his head on his leg. I hadn't noticed before, but it was becoming darker. I sat down, keeping an ear out for any upcoming danger. In the corner of my eye, I saw Damian shiver slightly. If he was looking, he would have seen my amused expression. I stood up and paced to him, sitting around him so he could cuddle closer to me to keep warm. He hesitated a few seconds as I laid my head on the grass. He finally came closer, leaning into my fur. I hope we wouldn't have to wait too long.

3rd Person PoV

At Mount Justice...

"So what we just wait?" Wally asked.

"I have sent Anya, she will find them and bring them home, patience is key." Ayaka explained as she sat down in front of them.

"We still need to find where they are, the wolf talked about an enemy," Batman stated.

"Yes, but right now, we do not know the location, the only one that knows is-" Kai sighed as he looked at Seff with a special collar that would stop him from teleporting away from them "- but he's not going to tell us. When they will be back, we will know." He finished.

"Let's just hope they get home safely," Dick muttered.

Comments and votes are deeply appreciated!