Chapter 2: Unknown Caller ID

Turned.

Chapter Two: Unknown Caller ID.

Song of the Chapter: Fake Smile by Ariana Grande

---

College was over and as everyone was deserting the school hallways, I was too busy leant against my locker trying to process the fact I had completed a full first day at my new school.

In the space of a few hours, I had somehow managed to get thirteen phone numbers on my phone in total including the five hottest guys. Don't ask how it happened, it just did. I didn't put them in myself; they all played pass the parcel with my phone until everyone had my number and I had theirs.

Finally, the time for cheerleading tryouts had come and I was supposed to be meeting Carolyn and April right about now actually.

"Hey, Kate, ready for try-outs?" April yelled excitedly, her voice booming out of nowhere.

I turned around to see her and Carolyn waving their hands, "yeah," I laughed, "I'm ready! Did you bring the kit?" I asked them, halting in my steps.

"Of course silly, we didn't forget, now come on," Carolyn ran over and grabbed my hand before hauling me down the corridors until we reached the gymnasium. "Here," she handed me her cheerleading kit, "put this on and then meet us when you're ready so we can begin try-outs."

I smiled, "thank you."

I headed to the girls' locker room and began changing. As I was getting changed, more and more girls who were clearly here for try-outs too swarmed in. Scanning around, I spotted the girl from earlier who Vanessa and the others had told me, had spread rumours and accused the boys of threatening her in the past.

I never actually got to learn her name. Once I finished squeezing into Carolyn's tight-ass black and red kit, I approached her whilst tugging down my pleated mini skirt.

"Hi," I said quite abruptly and as a result, caught her off-guard, "I'm Katherine, what's your name?" I genuinely smiled.

The girl timidly lifted her and failed to keep eye-contact with me, "I'm Cassy, short for Cassandra. Uh, aren't you the new girl? I d- don't think you should be talking to me. Aren't you friends with the pop- popular kids?" She asked with a stutter that I didn't understand. What was she nervous for? I swear I am like the most unintimidating person ever.

"That's a pretty name," I complimented, "and also, don't worry about it, just because I'm friends with the "popular" group, it doesn't mean I can't socialize with anybody else, they don't control me," I stated with a shrug.

I decided to stuff the clothes that were in my hands into my school bag as we continued to speak.

"Okay," she said smiling, "but can I just warn you about something?"

I nodded to show that I was completely listening. "That group is nothing but trouble, so don't say I didn't try and warn you."

Blankly looking back at her like she was talking shit, Cassy dismissively lowered her head and brushed straight past me, waling back into the gymnasium after having put her cheerleading kit on.

That was slightly rude of her.

I swung my bag over my shoulder, not letting Cassy throw me off and skipped back out into the gymnasium with the rest of the girls trying out. Leaving the locker room, I saw Carolyn, April, Vanessa, Serena and Allison sat behind a long desk waiting to start try-outs and judge each girl who wanted a spot in the squad.