3

(Unedited)

 "I told you those tickets would be fake" I said through a fit of giggles. All I got in response was a glare that should have sent me six feet under like he wanted.

It was only a day after Josh had come storming in raving about his win. He had finally realized that it was fake and I had been having so much fun telling him I told you so.

"Winter can you let it go please?" He had a pout on his face but it only served to make me laugh harder and almost fall off of my plush couch that I was so comfortably seated on.

"Okay, okay. I'm done...I think" I said settling down and trying to breathe although a laugh kept on bubbling up in my chest. He threw his head back with a loud groan, his blonde hair wildly flying and covering his forehead. It ended up eliciting another fit of giggles to run through me. My arms wrapped around my stomach before moving to fan my beet red face from all the laughing.

"You're a shit friend" He mumbled looking over to my and squinting.

"Hey! That's rude!" I yelled slapping an arm to his chest. He just rolled his eyes at me and continued his glaring at the roof.

I shook my head at his sulking self. I knew exactly what would make him feel better but it would make me feel like shit tomorrow.

"Okay, let's go" I jumped up off of the couch and put my arms underneath his armpits to attempt to lift him off of the couch. I was very weak however so it just resulted in me straining my body and him laughing.

"Go where?" He groaned making me roll my eyes at him.

"We're going out to your happy place" I huffed giving up on trying to lift him only for him to jump up with wide eyes and a big smile.

"You mean it?" He looked like such a damn two year old right now.

"Yes" I laughed at him as he shot to my room and started to look over himself to see if he was acceptable and I wandered in behind him grabbing out a simple outfit to put on.

"What are you drinking tonight? Vodka or something else?" He asked once he made himself look a bit more put together.

"I'll stick with vodka" My voice was muffled due to my shirt being halfway over my head at the time. We still had a couple of hours before we'd go but I wanted to be dressed and ready for when we decided to go because I knew if I stayed in comfy clothes there would be no chance of my changing into something else.

Around where we lived no one dressed up in tight dresses and heels to go out - or at least most people didn't. It made it so much easier to choose an outfit so I'd gone with my usual of some black skinny jean with a sheer black long sleeved bodysuit and some heeled boots.

Glancing to the mirror I did a slight nod to myself, approving of the outfit silently and leaving my hair to fall down my back in it's natural straight state.

"Your drink" Josh bowed as I walked out of my room. I just shook my head taking a sip of what looked to be vodka and coke. Only as I took a sip did I realize it was about 40% vodka.

"Josh what the fuck" I raised my voice scrunching my face up at the burn and terrible taste of damn near straight vodka in my mouth.

He only gave me an innocent smile in response and he took a large gulp of his drink and trying to pull off an unaffected look as it slid down his throat but I could see the look of pain in his eyes.

"At this rate I'll be on my ass before we even leave the house" I wasn't lying. I didn't drink often so my tolerance wasn't very high at the moment and if I had two of these drinks before leaving I would definitely not be making it out of this house.