17. Round Two

(seventeen)

"Yeah! But I wasn't exactly nice either. Brooke, I could get in trouble for this." I frown at the spam of notifications.

I groan.

"It's not a big deal!" Brooke goes to sit on the couch.

"Hush!"

I sit beside her and and open the video. As the video starts playing, I open the description box: Okay, so we were trying to do a dare video, right? Well this is the outcome. Who do you think was wrong? -Brookiee 😁 P.S. Follow me on Twittah

"Brooke, this isn't some rap battle."

"Listen, Ella, it's not your fault. You said some stuff that wasn't their business, they got what was coming."

I decide to give up. Brooke isn't budging. I'll just delete it.

"Awh, why? I wanted to see the comments!"

"It's only been up for 30 minutes. Maybe not many people saw them, yet?" I hope and try to convince myself.

"Yeah. Too bad." Brooke turns on the tv. "There's no good shows on."

She takes my phone and goes on Twitter.

"Yeah, it's trending! Gilinsky tweeted it!" She half-whispered. "Look! He's talking shit!"

"What?"

She shoved my phone to me. "Hashtag Jella Fight, hashtag Jella Round 2, hashtag Jella surprise attack-"

"Okay, thanks, Brooke."

"Hey, seriously, don't worry." She says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Ding!

Jack Gilinsky: Some dumbass couldn't handle a joke and broke @samwilk 's phone. Asshole.

I frowned. Not only was he making look like it was all my fault-when it wasn't, but he completely neglected the fact that we're not friends! This wasn't a joke- more like a prank. He was torturing me and I don't know why!

I scrolled through the comments. Almost everything was directed to me.

Jacob+Whitesides: This better not be about @ellajdc again

camsbootay: I never disliked or liked her but now I hate her. She just wants attention.

twerkingtay: I'm tired of Ella and it's only been a week

I decide to tweet back, but I didn't directly mention their names.

One thing I learned today: You can't please anyone nowadays, so get out, and don't let some jackasses ruin your day.

gilinskysgurl: JACK-asses? Idk how to feel. @jackgilisnky SLAY HER

jackjackbros: @ellajdc says the one that tormented an old couple

Oh. My. God.

mattandme: @ellajdc hypocrite. Maybe you should watch this youtube.com/nfjkskdhcns to rejog your memory

arronslut: ellajdc i wanted to be just like you.

madsenxkris: Guys!!! Didn't you watch the whole thing! The old couple attacked her first! Maybe you should watch it to rejog your memory, hun

Kristina seems to be the only one that cares. Here some random girl I meet just today defending me against an army and the friend who caused this is sitting right beside me won't say a damn thing!

I favorite her tweet.

Ignorance isn't so bliss rn. I tweet again.

I'm too lazy to get up and go to bed, so I stay beside Brooke on the couch and close my eyes. She moves to make a grab for something, but I'm too tired to care.

I wonder what life would be right now if I didn't have Brooke. Well, I probably won't have Nathan as a friend either, considering I met him because of Brooke.

What if I never tweeted back to him? Would we have just never talked? What if had just gotten a better grade in the first-nope, impossible. We could've completely avoided the couple if Brooke didn't make me eat wasabi.

But one thing is for sure: My life wouldn't be as fun and messed up without them.

BROOKE POV

I smile at Ella when I see she's falling asleep. Her phone continously blinks and I roll over to take it. I know the password- it's her birthday-but she doesn't know that I know that.

All the notifications are from Twiiter.

F*cking Gilinsky doesn't have anything better to do. What's his problem with Ella anyways?

I pull out my phone and go on Twitter.

@jackgilinsky you're just mad her eyebrows are real.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you allllll! And I couldn't resist not using that gif, so I had to find a way to put this in, sooo that's that. I really want to start editing the chapters so far, so they're more descriptive, but I'm soo lazy, but I hope to start doing that soon... One day.

The underlined sentences are random tweets ☺️ if you were confused sorry, if it wasn't clear.