35. Savage Stacking

(thirty five)

GILINSKY'S POV

"Now, we'll be stacking each other. First group to reach the top of the ceiling wins. Simple? Yes, yes it is. I also have a survival game planned out." I heard Pepper from inside the kitchen say.

I walk over there and I lean against the doorframe while a nearby couple not so silently tangle themselves in each other's lims and lock lips. I attempt to casually listen to the conversation, but they suddenly quiet down.

I cross my arms against my chest and watch the display in front of me.

I was checking out some *ss. F*ck yeah. No girlfriend to get in between all of that. I was silently blending into the crowd when I saw Ella in the corner of my eye attempting to what I thought was twerk to amuse or distract Sam who was reaching for another drink.

If *sses had cup sizes, this girl does would not be allowed to do that. Oh, speaking of cup sizes, I feel like motorboating right now as I watch the girls jiggling their stuff everywhere much to my taste.

From the corner of my eye, I see that Johnson has taken control of Sam and Ella is walking over towards me.

"I'm sorry if I was heavy for you." Ella says gingerly and I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"You really need to eat. Maybe some will even go to your boobies." She stomped away like the child she was. I bet she'll send Johnson to fight off for her.

Then, I remember how Johnson kept hugging Ella earlier. He was obviously trying to get on my nerves. I could feel my eye start to twitch, which was really annoying. This is odd. Did I feel a little prang of jealousy when I saw that? No way.

I have a girl. I don't need Ella. She doesn't mean anything. Pepper came out from the door I was leaning on and he glared at me from under the ice pack on his head.

I smirked at the thought that I had been the one to inflict pain on that bastard. F*cking pissing me off. Who the hell does he think he is picking on Johnson (and me although I don't give a flying f*ck) like that?

I snickered as he walked away and in front of he crowd again. "Okay, this game involves stacking on each other. The first group with the most people stacked in the time limit wins."

Pepper is glaring and smirking at the same time. Maybe I was being paranoid, but when he glanced at me with a widening to a grin, I realized that something serious was about to go down.

"Let's go! I have an exciting game afterwards!" I stride over to where the three were standing and observe as they attempt to climb each other's shoulders.

Sam is on the very bottom which didn't seem clever considering he was drunk. I watched them as they wiggled while Ella was complaining about her fear of heights.

I bet that's a lie too. I bet she's just saying that to get someone's sympathy. They finally manage to stand firmly on the ground when a crowd starts to gather.

From behind the crowd grouping, I can see Pepper peeking out from the other faces. He reached his hand out while looking directing at me before teasingly laying a hand on the tower of three.

Sh*t, he's gonna to knock them down. If Ella was the only one up there and two irrelevants, I wouldn't have made a effort to save them, but I did know them. They did mean something. Jack and Sam meant something to me.

Even if I did hate Ella, I didn't want her in be in some coma, right? I convinced myself that at that moment that she actually meant something small to me in my life. I leaped from my position and outstretched my arms to catch Johnson and Ella since Sam would be okay landing on the floor with a few minor scratches give or take.