3• Don't Watch, Little Rue

•A•

•A•

North peers through the blinds, eyeing the god forsaken house across the way. All save for one light is on, the light on the upper left corner. It's merely candlelight, so subtle and slight that North barely noticed it.

"So she's like us you say?", Sean murmurs curiously from behind North.
There's a pause.
"I think so.", Kota says in an unusual quiet way.

North didn't like this. He didn't like this at all. He couldn't believe what he is hearing. He couldn't believe two of his brothers are being so foolish.
"What's her deal?", North bites out, watching as a black sheer curtain from the minimally illuminated room pulls to the side. A girl steps from the subtle light into his line of sight, her long spidery fingers holding the curtains away.

He can't see her entirely, but her silhouette reveals enough. Kota and Nathan filled them in a bit on the odd girl, so it wasn't too surprising to him when she just stood there and watched him right back. Nathan mentioned her staring problem.

Her slim form stands like some sinister ghoul in the darkness. Her face is hidden in the shadows. North fights reacting in fear. She's watching him. She knows he's watching her.

He's being stalked like prey.

This must be how a wolf feels when it runs into a lion. Suddenly it doesn't feel like it's at the top of the food chain anymore.

"I don't know.", Kota starts," Very secretive, very cautious. She's always on high alert."
Nathan grumbles and rubs his neck while grimacing at the carpet in Kota's living room," I've never been so weirded out in my life."

Mr. Blackbourne harrumphs so quietly only North and Sean hear him," Is there anything you can tell us about her? These vague descriptions aren't much to go on."

Kota grimaces apologetically at the Team Lead," She's very...well..."
Kota and Nathan share a look, both lost for words. Finally, Nathan meets Mr. B's eyes," The best I can come up with is doll like."

Everyone raises a brow at this. North even turns away from his stare down with the suspicious girl in question across the street. North watches as Kota nods in agreement," It's not just her appearance either. It's her mannerisms, the decor in that house, her clothes..." Kota trails off as he crosses his arms and look down to his lap," It's unusual to say in the least. It's not something you can simply explain."

North grumbles unhappily at his words and turns away to stare back at this girl driving them up the wall with questions. His eyes widen when he sees she's not there in the window where he'd last seen her. He frantically looks around, trying to find her in any other window, before he catches the front door creaking opening. North's heart stops in his chest, feeling as if she's coming for them specifically.