Chapter 1: First Day Waves

It is the 4th day of September in such a good weather. It's the first day of High School and my dad drove me to school for the first time. I got out of his Panamera S wearing a pink cocktail dress and a pair of white gladiator heels. "Emily, you can't do this." I was terribly complaining while she was retouching my make-up. "Hannah, it's your first day of High School. Cute guys would come and run to you." She replied. Emily Walsh is my stylish for the past five years. She grooms me every day but still, I end up going home wearing sneakers, a jacket and jeans. "Please, you may go now. I'm already grown-up. Don't treat me like a child." I gave her a comforting smile. "Just promise me you'll be wearing that when you get back to the parking area at 3." "Okay, I promise." She wished me luck and gave me a squeeze. I searched for Kelly and went to our official meeting place since we were in Grade School. The big tree that has lots of leaves which covers us when we climb on top. It's in the middle of the Grade and High School building. I opened my bag and checked if my sneakers were there. "Oh My Gosh! No way! Where could it be?" I was really shocked. I couldn't find my sneakers. I took out my phone and speed dialed Kelly's number.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Beeeeeeeep...

"UGH!" I speed dialed her number again.

Riiiiing. Riiiiiing. Riiiiiiing. Beeep. Beeep. Beeep.

"Why is her phone turned off? Awww, where could she be?" I suddenly heard footsteps. I looked and saw Justin. I hurriedly hid at the back of the tree. He was approximately 2 meters away from me. "Hello? Is someone there? He said. Suddenly, I was bitten by an ant. My hand itched. Then, I heard someone running and heard a familiar voice which said "Hey, Justin! Have you already found Hannah?" "Not yet, but there must be someone hiding at the back of the tree." I heard someone walked near it and said "Hey, can you please come out?" I came out and placed my bag in front of my face. "Who are you?" Kelly said. "That's Hannah, I suppose." Justin said and giggled. I brought my bag down slowly. Revealing my face. "Hey! How did you know?" I smiled and laugh a little bit then hugged Kelly and waved at Justin. "It's because of the bracelet you're wearing! It's the one I picked and Kelly bought. You really like it, don't you?" I didn't reply. I looked at the black bracelet with a purple colored heart shaped pendant hanging on it. He touch my and Kelly's hand and said "Good luck to the both of you and welcome to High School. I'll be going now. I'll look for my best friend, Johnny." "Thanks." Kelly said and he walked away. Kelly popped a big bubble gum and said "I don't know if he likes you or he's just concerned since I'll be left alone on my own." I saw Justin looked at us and shouted "By the way, Hannah, you look beautiful in that dress." Then he ran away. "He told me I look beautiful. Shall I change?" "You decide." She smirked and shrugged her shoulders. "That dress really looks good on you, y'know." "Fine, I'll change. Oh, wait. I have a problem. Emily removed my things in my bag." "Is that so? Not bad. Jk." She laughed and continued "Don't worry, I got your back. I have extra sneakers, a pair of jeans and a shirt. You can borrow it. And oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I got your schedule the same as mine, the map and lockers. Here" She handed me two pieces of paper and a key. "Yours is 44 and mine's 43. Cool, huh?" We went to our fist subject which was Science. The Class was about to begin when we got there. We consumed all of the time introducing all of ourselves. There were a lot of new students but I can still name a few people that used to be our classmates back then. I'm so lucky that Kelly and I were always together. When the bell rang, we said goodbye to Mr. Green. As Kelly and I were walking out the door, someone tapped our shoulders. We looked back and he said, "Hey!" Who could that be?