I looked down and saw my nipples, hard and poking through my shirt.

No bra, either? Did you really not think to put on any clothes?

His eyes met mine again and they were filled with lust. All of the sudden, he stepped away and shook his head before storming out of the room.
I fell onto the couch and sighed, still thoroughly turned on.

Damn you, Jaxon.

•••••••••

I woke up sometime later. It was beginning to get dark outside. I leaned up on the couch and Jaxon was beside me, staring at me.

I jumped and crossed my arms over my chest, aware of my no bra and no pants situation. His expression did not change. His face was hard, his eyes held no emotion.

"Jaxon," I whispered.

He shook his head, as if he had just been in a trance.

"I had to check a few times to make sure you were breathing."

I smiled softly. "I don't know why I have been sleeping so much, I'm really not tired."

Suddenly, a loud banging sound was heard from the door. Jaxon immediately jumped to alert.

"Go upstairs, put on some clothes. Get in the closet and do not move, no matter what you hear."

I nodded and got off the couch. He grabbed my hand as I began walking up the staircase. I looked down at him.

"Lock the bedroom door. And I mean it, do not come out no matter what you hear. If it's me in there, I'll know exactly where you are and I'll just open the door."

I nodded. He looked at me intently for a second.

"Be careful please," I whispered.

He opened his mouth to say something but the banging sounded again. "Go," he whispered.

I ran quietly and quickly up the stairs. I closed the bedroom door and locked it before throwing on Jaxon's sweatpants that were lying on the floor. Suddenly, gunshots rang out. I held my mouth as a sob escaped me. I ran into the closet and shut the door behind me. I walked to a big dresser that had doors on it. I hid myself in the dresser behind clothes that were hung up.

Gunshots continued downstairs. I heard the bedroom door burst open along with heavy footsteps. That's not Jaxon.

"Lyla Johnson?" A deep voice called.

It wasn't the voice from the phone call but it was just as scary.

Then I heard another gunshot, in the room this time. I heard a thud, signaling someone's body hitting the ground. I held my mouth again as a sob took over. The closet door opened.

"Lyla?" Jaxon whispered.

I opened the door of the dresser quietly and he put his finger over his lips, telling me to stay quiet. I walked to him and he grabbed my hand.

"When we get down there," his warm breath fanned over my ear as he whispered. A slight chill ran through me from his closeness but I pushed it away quickly. "Run toward the back door. Don't stop. Even if I stop, you do not stop. Do not turn around. There's an SUV out back on the side of the house. I put it there for a situation like this. When you get out of the back doors it'll be on the right side of the house. The keys are taped under the steering wheel. If I'm not right behind you by the time you get the engine started, leave."

"What? No!" I whispered.

"Lyla, that wasn't me asking. You are leaving. I can't risk your safety."

"I can't just leave you."

He looked at me for a moment. "Lyla-"

"No!"

"Lyla, please."

I didn't say anything else. I guess he took that as an 'okay', but it wasn't. I'm not leaving him behind. He pulled me out of the closet and I looked down at the body and gasped.

"Calm down. I had to kill him Lyla."

I looked at the man, studying him. His eyes were open but they were glazed over, lifeless. His mouth was slightly opened. My eyes went down to his black clothing.

"Jaxon," I whispered.

"Yeah?" He whispered back, peeking out of the bedroom door.

"Look at his uniform."

On the breast pocket there was a logo. Blair International.

"Is that-"

"Yeah," I interrupted. "The company that Mark works for."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Song: Wrong
Artist: Zayn feat. Kehlani