Seven

Y/N's P.O.V.

Sam had his arms wrapped around me and I managed to stop crying, wiping away the rest of my tears.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and tried to move away, but Sam only tightened his grip.

"Don't be." He had his head on my shoulder and we were both sort of leaning against the wall.
"Do you always have nightmares?"

"Yeah." Neither of us were talking above a whisper and it surprisingly wasn't awkward at all.
"They started just after I left."

"How do you stop them?" I took a deep breath and played with the buttons on his shirt.
How did I stop them?

"I don't." Sam lifted his head and looked at me.
"Sometimes I get drunk enough so I don't remember, but nothing good ever comes out of that."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head and he sighed.
"Will you eat something then?" We stood up and sat in the bed, where Sam handed me a plate.
I ate the sandwich that he had made and Sam busied himself, reading a book until I was done.

"Thanks." I mumbled once I was finished and Sam took the plate from me, slipping it onto the table.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" I looked at him and he gave me an encouraging smile.
"If I think you're having another nightmare I'll wake you up, Deal?" I nodded my head and Sam moved off the bed and into the seat by his desk.

Sam's P.O.V.

Y/N fell asleep pretty quickly and I picked up my book and continued to read quietly, completely forgetting about the sandwich I made myself.
After a while Y/N began to stir and I stood up, with a stretch, going over to her.
There was a strained look on her face as she twisted and turned and I felt my heart tighten.
I missed her so damn much and seeing her like this only hurt me. I wanted to lean down and kiss her, but that wouldn't make anything better. It would just complicate everything. It was bad enough that I kissed her yesterday.
Part of me wants her to stay away from me, but a bigger part wants her to stay close to me.

"What are you doing to me?" I mumbled to myself, moving some hair out of her face. She leaned into the touch, muttering incoherently and calming down a little.
There was a knock on the door and I moved to open it, finding Dean.

"Dude, have you seen Y/N? I can't find her anywhere." I opened the door a little wider and Dean looked around my room, his eyes eventually landing on the sleeping woman.
"Oh, right. I found a case and I was thinking we could all go. You know, like we used to?"

"Uh, sure, I'll check with her once she wakes up." There was a small smile on Dean's face.

"I've missed her, you know? Just having her here..."

"Yeah," I closed the door a little, blocking his view of her, annoyed at his stupid little grin.
"She's been out for about 3 hours, so I'll give her another few before we head out."

"Yeah, she needs it." Dean scratched his jaw, looking at me as if he was trying to figure something out.

"What?" Dean let out a chuckle.

"Nothing. Anyway, I'm thinking this thing is a witch of some sort, so get ready." I nodded my head and Dean left. I turned around and Y/N was still asleep, causing me to smile a little.

"Sweet dreams, Princess."