Chapter 3: A Wicked Christening

"Well, well" MALEFICENT says and laughs softly."What a glittering assemblage, King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and," Maleficent lets out a wicked laugh whilst petting Diaval , "How quaint, even the rabble".

KING STEFAN was obviously nervous, yet he tried not to show it in front of his people. Maleficent stares at him with a glare. "I must say, I really felt quite distressed at not receiving an invitation" Maleficent says, not breaking her stare at the king. "You're not welcome here" King Stefan says, finally getting the courage to speaks.

MALEFICENT whimpers softly and I look up at her. "Oh" she says before laughing. "Oh dear! What an awkward situation" she says, turning around, pretending as if she was about to leave.

"Are you not offended?" The QUEEN asks (who I still don't know the name of) and Maleficent look back. "Why, no. And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift on the child" she says with a smile on her face as she runs a hand across my fur. "No! We don't want your gift!" King Stefan says, standing up along with the queen.

"Stay away from the princess" KNOTGRASS says, flying a little forward. I growl softly, causing her to fly back to her old position. "Yes, stay away!" Thistletwit says looking up at Maleficent. She looks at the fairies and waves her hand, causing the fairies to fly back into the chest. The chest closes as Maleficent looks at Aurora. She circles her fingers around her scepter, causing a green smoke to show.

"Listen well, all of you. The princess shall indeed grow in grace and beauty, beloved by all who meet her" MALEFICENT says, a green smoke surrounding the baby. "That's a lovely gift" the queen says reaching out and King Stefan looks afraid."Don't do this" he says and Maleficent places her pointer finger atop her mouth, silencing them."But.." she glances over to a lonesome spindle wheel. She spreads her arms as green smoke cascades over her.

"Before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel, and fall into a sleep like death! A sleep from which she will never awaken!" That's when KING STEFAN steps forward."Maleficent, please don't do this, I'm begging you"

"I like you begging. Do it again" MALEFICENT says and motions for him to kneel. King Stefan then kneels, yet I could see that his advisors are looking at him in disapproval. "I beg you" he says, showing that he is willing to do anything for his family. "All right" she says, a devilish look on her face.

"The princess can be woken from her death sleep, but only by.."MALEFICENT looks at King Stefan with a glare, "true loves kiss!" King Stefan looks taken back for he did not know that that was the solution. Maleficent turns around, her powers heightening with every passing second.

"This curse will last till the end of time! No power on Earth can change it!" She says and her powers create a huge wind, causing some people to fall over. MALEFICENT laughs menacingly and walks away. Diaval and I share a look as we follow her, knowing that this would end badly. As Maleficent sat on her throne, there was a strong, dark demeanor in the air, sending a shiver down my spine. I knew something was wrong as I see a smoke rise up from the kingdom.So trusting my instincts I look over to Maleficent and nod my head.

I'll be on the look out, I'll be back soon

MALEFICENT nods her head and looks to Diaval. "Diaval, go with her" Maleficent says before turning Diaval into a wolf (though he was complaining on the inside). Maleficent does a spell, making it so that Diaval and I could speak to each other through our minds.

Come one Diaval, I'll show you being a wolf is fun, that made Diaval question himself.

Alright I'll give it a shot

I run, loving the wind against my fur as I look around. I look back to see DIAVAL running after me. He didn't look like a regular wolf. Yes he had fur and other features of a wolf but his fur stuck up as if it were feathers. I stop running at a cottage as I hear crying. I sit in the shadows as I watch what's happening.

It's Aurora, we've got to tell Maleficent

Alright but we've got to be quick

We run back and I look to DIAVAL quickly. It seemed that he was quite enjoying being a wolf now. We get back to Maleficent and look up at her, wanting her to change us back."We *pant* found Aurora" Diaval says, not used to being so athletic.

"Wonderful, go check up on her, we can't have her dying before her sixteenth birthday" MALEFICENT says before turning Diaval into a crow. He flies away as she looks to me. "Go check the wall for any guards" she says and I nod before she changes me back to a wolf. I run over to the wall and look around the thorn wall.

How's Aurora?

I knew Diaval was shocked but he answered anyways.

I just need to feed her, but I don't know what to do it with

I think for a moment before remembering the flowers next to the cottage.

Those flowers next to the cottage should have some nectar in them to feed her, use those

Alright

I guess he feed her because I didn't hear anything. There were guards at the wall so I decided to attack, knowing they'd go away. They seemed to be guards from the castle.

Hmm I wonder why they tried to break down the thorn wall.

Sorry if this was mostly dialogue but at least I published something. I hope you guys liked this one. I tried to stick with the story so oh well.